House of Cards (Part 1)

Fair warning, the House of Cards Arc probably won't have a lot of Y/n in it. It will mainly focus on the whole "Sonic vs. Tails" and the "civil war" thing that could be brewing.

This may be a male reader story, but I wanted to keep with the canon story of the comics. Plus, this adds plot and drama to the story which I love when a story does that. Plus, the MC doesn't have to show up all the time.

Anyways, enjoy!
_________________________________________

In a lab, Y/n is seen standing next to Rotor and Sally. Rotor was sitting down in a chair and typing away at a computer as, nearby, Y/n's Chaos Gem was held in a scanner of sorts.

"Thank you for letting me do this, Y/n," the wulrus tells Y/n as he types. "I was always curious about your gemstone, so this is a big opportunity for me."

"It's no problem, Rotor," Y/n, now in a new outfit, says and turns to the princess. "And thanks to you, too, Sally. This really helps me out."

"It's no problem at all, Y/n," Sally giggles. "Plus, this gives me more time to spend with you."

Y/n blushes a bit and turns away, making Sally giggle again.

"Alright! The scanning is all done," Rotor says. "Let's take a look, shall we?"

Hesitantly, Y/n and Sally nod at Rotor. The chipmunk leans in and looks at the screen as Y/n does the same.

"Okay, so we have some normal stuff here," Rotor says as reads off the data on the Chaos Gem. "The energy readings... the capabilities of it..."

Rotor goes on about the data the scanner got from Y/n's Chaos Gem, boring Y/n a bit before something catches his attention.

"Wait, there's something else there," Sally says.

"What? There is?" Rotor asks.

"Where?" Y/n asks.

"There," Sally points at a strand of weird, glitchy coding on the screen. "I've never seen that kind of code before. What is it?"

"Well, let's check it out," Rotor says, typing at the keyboard before the code is repaired and shows up on screen. "It looks like... an AI of sorts?"

"An AI?" Y/n and Sally questioned in unison.

"Yeah, which is really weird," Rotor states. "Something like this Chaos Gem shouldn't have an AI, especially one of this magnitude."

Y/n leans in further, listening closely to Rotor as he goes on about the "AI" inside the gem. However, when he placed his hand on the desk to hold himself up, a red energy sparks shoots from the tech and connects with Y/n's hand.

"LET! ME! OUT!"

Y/n, after hearing the voice, gets flung back by an unknown force and crashes into a wall.

"Y/n!"

Sally and Rotor run over to Y/n and help him back up to his feet. The human shakes his head and blinks a few times, his eyes green momentarily before returning back to their normal (E/C) color.

"You okay, Y/n?" Rotor asks the human.

"What happened?" Sally asks after.

"I-I don't know. It was... weird," Y/n states. "But... whatever it was... that thing needs to be locked up."

Y/n looks at the Chaos Gem, the human feeling as if it was staring at him.