Special Chapter-Anarchy: Origins (Part 2)

With a bright flash of amethyst, Y/n appears back in his room on the Arc. He looked at himself in the mirror to see his younger self in a suit. The door opens and he expects to see Gerald Robotnik, only for Shadow to barge in and grab his arm.

"Shadow?!"

"No time to explain!" the black hedgehog exclaims as he pulls Y/n along.

"W-wait!" Y/n tries to budge from Shadow's grip. "Where's Maria?!"

"She's dead!" the Ultimate Lifeform shouts. "The government is here and I have to make sure you get out of here alive!"

No... No, Y/n has to do this again?

"Anarchy...! CONTROL!"

With a bright flash of light, Y/n goes goes in time once more. This time, he's trying to convince Maria to just hang out with him in his room.

"Y/n, I want to dance with you at the party," Maria whines.

"Yeah, but I'm not good with lots of people," Y/n says. "We'll stay here. Watch some movies and eat some food. Whaddya say?"

"Come on! I promise you'll have a great time," Maria tells her best friend.

Y/n sighs as he couldn't help but not fight with Maria. So they end up going to the Comet Ball and dance together, only for Maria's face to scrunch up in pain as her legs buckle.

"Maria? Maria!"

Y/n goes back in time again, this time convincing Maria to stay in with him. That is assuming that the military agents wouldn't find them there.

"You were right," Maria tells Y/n as she snuggled up to him. "This is way better."

Y/n smiles at this before his door slides open to reveal a military soldier.

*BANG!*

He goes back again.

*BANG!*

And again.

"Maria!"

And again.

*BANG!*

And again...

"NOOOO!"

And again and again and again and again...

Y/n even tried to warn everyone ahead of time and get them safely off the Arc. But it was no use. No one listened to him. Not even Maria and Shadow.

Y/n sighs as he leans against a control console where Maria and Shadow's dead bodies lay before him. He then pushes himself to his feet as sparks surround him.

"Anarchy...! CONTROL!"

In another flash of purple, Y/n appears in his room. Maria entered in alone this time as she didn't enter with Gerald or Shadow. Her smile filled Y/n with joy, but his smiled dropped which Maria noticed.

"Y/n? Is something wrong?"

Maria walks up to Y/n in concern, only to be brought into a hug.

"Why does this keep happening?" Y/n asks as he's close to crying, holding the blonde as if she'd vanish into thin air. "Aren't we allowed to be happy?"