Pure Chaos! (Part 1: The Eggman Empire)

A few days have passed since Antoine and Bunnie's wedding, and everyone in Knothole couldn't be happier. Well, almost everyone. Y/n hasn't been himself since the day of the wedding. Don't get him wrong, he was happy for Antoine and Bunnie, but it was something else that bothered him.

The same day of the wedding, Y/n asked Merlin to help him remember his past. However, Y/n now wishes he didn't know his past. He hasn't recalled everything yet, but he doesn't like what he does remember now. He found out that he lived upon Space Colony Ark with Maria Robotnik and her grandfather, Gerald, along with Shadow and others. He couldn't find a memory that had his parents yet, but he didn't care. That same scene he saw with Merlin played over and over in his head like a record player.

"MARIA!"

Y/n has barely slept since that day, either drawing things about his past or getting new memories that kept him up at night. Also, he figured out that he was twelve when the Ark was attacked by the Military and Maria was murdered. But that was fifty years ago, and Y/n was only fifteen. Well, sixteen, now. But when he met Digital Gerald, he was told that he should be sixty-two instead. So Y/n speculated that he was on the Ark all alone for about three years before something happened and sent him fifty, or more correctly forty-seven, years into the future.

Yeah. See what Y/n has to deal with? He has to figure all of this out basically by himself because no one really can relate to what's going on with him. Well, no one but Shadow. But Y/n has no idea where the Ultimate Lifeform is, so he's out of the question.

Right now, Y/n is seen sitting at his desk as usual with his tablet in front of him and a stylus pen in his hand. His hair was messy and his eyes looked tired and half-lidded, dark circles under his eyes which indicated a lack of sleep. His tablet had a drawing of Maria on the screen, but it wasn't a happy one.

"Stupid..." he muttered to himself as he spun his stylus in between his fingers. "Why didn't you move...?"

A knock on his room door catches his attention, making him glance over at it to see it open. Danny pokes his head through it, smiling softly at his human friend.

"So... you okay, pal?" he asks, concerned. "You haven't really left your room in, like, a week."

"I'm fine, Danny," Y/n lies through his teeth. "Just trying to figure things out."

"Your memories?" Danny questioned.

Yeah. Y/n told Danny all about what he saw that day. The lion wanted to help, but he doesn't know how. And Y/n refuses his help. It made him feel useless, just like when Jay...

Another story for another time.

"Yeah," Y/n responds to his friend. "My damned memories..."

Y/n rests his elbows on his desk as he rubs his head tiredly. He hated not getting any sleep, but his stupid memories won't let him sleep.

"Maybe... you should relax for a bit?" Danny suggests to his friend. "You've been up for days without rest. Sonic and the others are at HQ just hanging out. I was gonna go join 'em, so maybe you wanna come with?"

Y/n thought the offer over. He did need to relax, but he just couldn't. He still needs to figure everything out. Until then...

"Maybe later, Danny."

Danny looked at his friend in empathy. He knew exactly how Y/n feels now. Losing someone you care for and not being able to do anything about it made a terrible feeling grow in Danny's chest.

"Well, if you say so," Danny says as he begins to leave. "I'll be at HQ if you need me."

Y/n doesn't respond as Danny finally leaves. The lion looks at the human's room door for a few moments before walking away and leaving to Freedom HQ.