V

"Ryder, what the hell." I say as I get into the back seat, Ryder sat in the front, clicking through Snap Chat stories as his feet were kicked up on the dash, mimicking my usual position. I notice that he's wearing my GAP hoodie, but remind myself to comment on it later. I peel off Harry's jacket and set it next to me.

"Oh hush, we still got you in time. But if you must know, my car won't crank up."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Well hello to you too." Ramon says sarcastically as I click my seatbelt on. "Who's ugly ass jacket is that?"

Ryder turns in his chair, scrunching his nose up at the coat Styles' had given to me. For some reason, I don't want to tell them that he gave me, but I realize I have no reason to lie. "My tutor gave it to me." I say nonchalantly.

Ryder clears his throat and looks at Ramon, who hmphs, saying that it was still ugly. I didn't know why he was acting jealous when he was seeing Audrey. Not to mention, we were never in a real enough relationship to be envious about anything. But then again, Ramon has a slight temper and the tendency to take things way too seriously.

"Where's Audrey?" I say, meaning for it to come off as a joke to diffuse the tension, but Ryder lets out an instigating 'ooooh". I roll my eyes, kicking the back of his chair.

"She's out with some friends, why?" Ramon looks at me through the rear view mirror, shooting me a wink. I snort as his insinuation which goes unnoticed by Ryder. As fun as our times were together, I had no interest in hooking up with him. Getting in drama was the last thing on my list, especially since she's a freshman. "How old is she, anyway?" I ask at the thought.

"18."

My mouth falls open in exaggerated shock and Ryder slaps at Ramon's shoulder with the back of his hand as we slow down at a stop sign. "You're fucking with a freshman?" He spits, his eyebrows lifted and lips parted at him. Ramon looks ahead, avoiding Ryder's accusation and licking his lips. He doesn't respond and Ryder's eyes grow wider at the realization. "A highschooler!?"

"Okay, it's not a crime okay she's legal."

"Bro, it's not even that," I say, I'm not surprised that Ramon's messing around with a highschooler. "It's like...the maturity."

"She's a year younger than you." He points out, to which I shrug. It was fair, but it was weird to think how he was a college sophomore dating a high school senior.

"You do know you're turning 21 on the 31st right?" My best friend voices, and this was true. Maybe it's why I felt odd about it. Ramon lifts his left shoulder, his right hand on the wheel, "Well, I mean I get that. But she's hella mature."

I wondered why I'd never seen Audrey at any parties. Although I recognized her from school, I never knew what grade she was in. She seemed to look the same, even now.

We decide to ditch the subject of Ramon's high school ginger girlfriend and make plans for Mya's party tomorrow night. It was given that he would come now, since we had to take his mom's car, but we avoided asking if he'd bring Audrey. Ryder decided that he may as well stay the night, to which I didn't refuse. He hadn't been over in about a week and Miranda was missing him.

"That's what you're wearing?" Ryder seizes my golden yellow shirt and black skinnies. He sat on the edge of my bed, using a pocket mirror to fix the brim of his eyebrows and draw on his infamous heart. I huff, letting my arms go limp as he famous him, poking out my bottom lip, "Seriously, Ry?"

He sets down the mirror and looks at me, cocking his head to the side and letting his hand vaguely fan my body. "Hm,"

I roll my eyes and set my hand on my hip, watching him as he squints at my attire.

"Doc Martens? and maybe a jean jacket." He finally concludes, nodding his head as if approving of his own message.

I shake my head. "You and these jean jackets. I was freezing my ass off the other day because of it."

"Ugh, fine. Don't you have your GAP hoodie?"

"No." I say flatly, giving him a jokingly glare to remind him that he had it.

"That's right." He laughs, "Well you got that leather jacket Ramon gave you for your birthday last month." He suggest. I remember which one he's speaking of and walk to the large closet, reaching on the shelf above the clothes and grabbing the Bealls bag. "You never wore it?"

"It's only been like a month," I remind him, ripping the tag off and throwing the plastic bag onto the floor. He shakes his head, picking the mirror back up and continuing his make up.

"Hurry, it's almost 10," I remind him, grabbing my phone from the nightstand. I see a missed text from Ramon.

Ramon: imma be outside in a few

I fully unlock my phone and open my messages, sending him a reply.

Me: im ready just waiting on ry.

"Ramon just texted me, he said he's outside." I lie.

"Ugh, hold on I'm almost done." He whines, though there's no sense of urgency in his actions. I grab my Doc Martens from the closet, walking back to the edge of my bed to sit down so I could put them on. As I'm slipping them over my socked covered feet, I noticed that through my half opened closet door, Styles' jacket hangs in the front. I think about giving it back to him on Monday, but it smelt so good and felt so warm.

At the thought of him I remember Just Mercy and stand up, walking to the white nightstand on the side of the bed Ryder sat at and opening the first drawer. After seeing that it was there, I fluff my hair and grab the leather jacket from where I was sitting, sliding my arms through the fresh sleeves.

"Alright, I'm ready," Ryder tells me.

"Let's go."

***