X

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a very visual person. I think throughout the rest of the book I'll occasionally post collages like this of who's in the chapter so you can get an idea of how they look!

"Jesus, Logan. What were you taking a shit?" Amanda half jokes with me as we meet up. I shoot her the best smile I could, but it comes off as a grimace. I refuse to look behind me, I know he's looking. "Sorry I got carried away." I rush out through one breath. Ramon is on the phone, talking to who I assume is his mother. China is behind them, her arms across her chest and back slump as she eyes me suspiciously, not saying a word.

"Right." Amanda ignores my jittery behavior and points behind me to where I know Harry is sitting. "I saw a table over there. We should-"

"Actually, I'm not feeling too good. I think I'm going to head home." I cut her off, the music and loud atmosphere among us was no longer fun and inviting, it's overwhelming. Amanda furrows her perfectly concealed brows, looking over at Ramon, who is just hanging up the phone. "I - I mean- is there something wrong?" She pushes, her nurturing personality showing on the surface as she takes a step towards me, concern etched across her features. I shake my head. "I got my period."

"Oh! Well yeah, for sure," She turns to China, who nods, indicating that she's okay with taking me home.

"Just text me when you get home, honey. It was nice to hang with you, China!" Her arms open to take China in, and she hugs her back. Ramon slaps at my hand, sliding his fingers in my palm before curving them into a C, and firmly shaking. He pulls me into his chest and pats at my back. "I'll text you."

China and I leave the arcade, my mood significantly lower than when we first entered. I hate that I allowed myself to be envious of the mysterious woman. I tried to push the thought away, but I couldn't. I knew exactly why I was jealous. I made myself available to Harry, he's never tried to pursue me. I thought nothing of it, maybe he just doesn't want to have sex. But he does, just not with me. I'm angry with myself for having such childish feelings towards him, secretly wishing that- what? He'd fuck me? Of course he wouldn't. I'm not his type. The woman I saw back there had tanned skin, thick curves, and plump breasts.

"Are you gonna tell me about that weird ass look on your face?" China asks suddenly. I glance at her to see her brows raised in expectancy, full lips pulled into a straight line. "I told you guys, I got my period."

"Bullshit. What happened in the bathroom? You look like you saw a ghost." I roll my eyes at her ability to see through my lie as she makes a left turn at a stop light, slamming her fist on the horn when a small Nissan nearly hits her.

Even if I wanted to, I have no idea how I can explain Harry and I to her. Though I've convinced myself we were simply student and teacher, it's obvious there's more. I'd have to tell her everything, so I do.

China keeps a straight face when I tell her about how I'd been failing my law program and how Ellen wanted me to get a tutor. And how at first, he calle dme stupid and refused to teach me. I scoff at the memory, shaking my head. The rest flows out like a heavy leak. From the first night I spent at his apartment to the last. China's eyes widen momentarily, sneaking a smirk towards me when I tell her that we slept together, and I quickly clarify- "we didn't sleep sleep together."

"So, let me get this straight." She straightens herself in her seat, shooting me a look. "Your aunt was hanging out with your boyfriend-" When I narrow my eyes at her, she laughs, fanning me away. "Okay, okay. Your tutor. And this mysterious girl. And what? He tried to fuck her in the bathroom while you were in there, and he saw you?"