XIV

Logan

"Hey! It's me, again, um...I know everything got a little weird yesterday, but...can you call me back? Or not...It's not like I'm not gonna see you later. Sooo...okay, bye."

China's upper lip raises in disgust as she shakes her head at me, reaching for the phone and snatching it from my hands before I can object, "Do you want to be weird? Why are you leaving him voicemails? Have you been doing this?" I watch her with my mouth open as she taps at my screen, I assume she's deleting the message.

"Well, how else am I supposed to get him to talk to me? He's probably gonna cancel our lessons and then who knows if he's taking me next week for Spring Break. By the time I see him after that it's gonna be too old to talk about." I complain, setting the back on my hand on my forehead as I lean back in the passenger seat of her truck. We sat parked behind the study, where nobody would see us as China carelessly smoked a blunt with the window down. The air was still and we listened to the traffic in the front of the building. "So, what's your plan? Voicemail him to death?"

"Okay, what's your issue, you're bitchier than usual." I mumble, looking over at her as she hands me back my phone and blows smoke out of the car window. I don't know how her long slender legs managed to sit crissed cross in the driver's seat, but they did. She shakes her head, shooting me a sad smile, "Is it obvious?"

"Uh, yeah?" I answer dumbly. She sighs, taking another inhale of the weed and coughing a little.

"Okay, you can't tell anyone anything, okay? Like seriously."

"Okay, I won't, I promise." My brows furrow at her tone and she shifts her weight on one thigh to fish her phone from the pocket of her all black lint filled sweats. She tugs the android out, swiping through a few apps before landing on Snapchat. My eyes widen as she shows me the screen of texts between her and Ramon. Sexual texts.

"China when the hell was this!?" I grab the phone but she's quicker than me, snatching it back and putting the phone in her pocket once more with a roll of her eyes, "Like... three days ago."

"The-Three-What!?" I sputter, and she raises her eyebrow with a tightening of her lips, telling me to silence my voice. "China, Amanda was just telling us - wait...is that why you don't like her? Oh my god when did you two-"

"Just this weekend, okay? We hit it off after 16Bit and he texted me for some weed. I told him I had some, we smoked together later that night and he kissed me. I told him I wasn't gonna be a homewrecker or anything so we didn't do anything but this weekend he said he was breaking up with Amanda after all this Spring Break shit but didn't know how to do it. So..."

I don't know what to say, part of me is mad at the both of them since neither of them told me what was going on, but I can see why they wouldn't. It all seems to add up though, why China was so annoyed with Amanda yesterday, why her and Ramon seemed off. How did I not notice this as soon as it happened? "Do you guys plan on dating?"

"No, I don't date. I just think he's cute...and I wanna know what he's like in bed. Is that bad of me?" She pokes out her bottom lip at me, an expression I've never seen on her. I can't help but laugh, "You're a slut."

Her hand smacks at my arm and she takes another smoke from the blunt, "I know you fucked him a few times, how was he? Is he big?"

My laugh gets louder at her words and even louder when I realize she is actually serious, "What kind of question is that?"

"Girl, just answer me!"

"I mean, I don't know. He's average, I guess."

"How many inches?"