VIII

The car peels into the parking lot and I'm thankful that it's seemingly empty. The only care there is Mack's, and he was the manager since I worked here in 2011.

I open the door, letting out a grunt as I'm met with the freezing cold air. I could really use for a coffee right now.

"Come on," I pull Logan's ankle, dragging her to the opened door. She squints under the street light in the car park, rubbing her eyes and running her fingers through her hair, only for it to get stuck in the band. The mascara was smeared under her eyes and her shirt was wrinkled. I could have sworn she wore a jacket but It's no where to be found as she sits up.

"Styles." She murmurs flatly, blinking rapidly as if trying to regain her vision.

"Let's go." Is all I say, pressing my lips together and tugging her arm, helping her out of the car. She lets out a painful moan as she stands to her feet, immediately wrapping her arms around her body as I close the door shut. I would give her my jacket, but one, I already did. And two, I wasn't wearing one myself.

My arm wraps around her back, allowing my hand to grip her shoulder and tug her closer to me, hoping that would warm her up. The sooner she got sober, the better. I was ready to go home.

We make our way to the entrance, slowly. The bright red light that shined above the diner allowed me to see as I had to constantly pull her body up. Every now and then, It'd go limp.

"Well, I'll be damned." Trixie greets, waving her spatula from behind the counter as I push open the door. It was warm and the bell gave a comforting ring, alerting everyone of a customer. The diner was coated by fluorescent lighting and soft country music played above. My nose twitches at the smell of warm pancakes and burgers. I've always loved this diner.

I give her a half smile. "Hey, is Mack here?"

"Nope." She pops the p, smacking on her gum. Her curly hair was tied up into a loose bun and she wore bright pink lipstick that was overlined, it seemed like she stepped out of the 80's.

"Well who's here?" I walk to a booth, shouting across the store since there were no other customers. Logan grunts as I edge her body to the seat , scooting her body over with my own as I sit on the outside. Trixie walks towards us, a pad in her hand as she does. I pick at the leather on the seat, shrugging Logan's head off my shoulder. She sits up, letting out a low whine as her lips curl into a frown at my actions.

"Bobby, Mack actually just left." She tells me, smacking in her gum as she rests her weight on one hip. "Anyway, what can I get you?"

"A cheeseburger slider with onion rings. And a coffee. Oh and tell Mack I stopped by."

"Alright," She laughs "And...you?" Her eyebrows wrinkle together as she examines my welfare for the night. I turn my head in the slightest, seeing that her head was tilted backwards and her mouth was opened as she snored, louder than in the car. I roll my eyes, looking back at Trixie. "Can I get a water?"

"Uh...sure."

I bite the inside of my cheek as I look passed Logan and out the large window to our right. light flurries fall down and I let out a scoff, it was supposed to snow all week and all we've gotten was ice. I'm actually a fan of the snow. It reminds me of when I was younger and would build snowmen with my father.

"Here you go." Trixie returns with a glass of water, which I thank her for before facing Logan and hurling its contents into her face.

She let's out a loud scream before spitting her hair out of her mouth, the ice from the glass falls into her lap. I can't help but chuckle while watching her blink repeatedly to fully wake up. Her denim is now drenched in water and her hair is matter across her forehead. It was then that I noticed how oddly familiar she looked.

"Wha-What the hell!?" She brushes the hair out of her face and looks at Trixie, who's head falls back in laughter, "Harry, I'mma get your food. I'll be back for you, darling." She says between laughs before walking away and resuming.

"What's going on?" She asks, her voice still low and slurred, but at least she was active enough to know her surroundings. I think about leaving her here, but remember that she doesn't have a car.

"You tell me," I clasp both of my hands together and fiddle with my thumbs, avoiding eye contact to hold back my laughter. She wipes at her thighs, as if that'll get the water off. "Where is Ryder?"

"I don't know who that is." I answer truthfully. "I saw you, high off of your ass by the way, at some party in Coulwood."

"I... I don't get high..."

"Well you were, and you still are now." I point at her droopy eyelids and low mouth. She scrunches up her face, smacking her lips as if they've gone dry.

"I don-" The brings her sentence to an abrupt stop, her eyes screwing shut and her head falls back as if remembering something. "Ugh."

I can't help but feel slightly judgmental at her actions. She comes from a decent family, and from what I knew, she stayed near Wing Pointe, which was a pretty expensive side of town. I don't understand what about her life would make her want to waste it away.

"I didn't take any drugs, I think I was drugged." She mutters, rubbing her eyes. I furrow my brows at her words, "Drugged? Why would anybody drug you?"

"Some stupid freshmen, I think. I don't really remember. I just know one second I was with Ryder, and the next I was on the bed. And now I'm here. Why were you at Mya's party anyway?"

I fight the urge to roll my eyes, now realizing that she was starting to sober up. "I was looking for my step sister. Dree."