XXVIII

This book is separated into three parts, I don't know if you guys noticed lol

Each part is about thirty chapters long, so this part (the second part) is coming to an end soon hehehehe

enjoy !! don't forget to vote and comment tons, leave thoughts I read them all!

The look Harry gives me tells me that he was unconvinced about my idea, but he doesn't shut me down. Instead, his brows lower attentively, urging me to explain myself. I sit down in my chair as my tongue laps over my lower lip. Harry still stands so I grab the base of the chair and turn it so I'm facing him and away from the desk.

"There won't be anything on his work email." I start, my fingers obliviously playing with the hem of my shirt, "So it has to be his email, and I know it's a long shot, but we either need his phone or laptop, I don't know how to hack and I'm sure you don't either," I finish. Harry nods in thought, both hands in his pockets and his lips pursed. He pulls a hand from his pocket to pinch his lower lip with his index finger and thumb.

This is probably not a good time to be thinking this, but I can't help but acknowledge how much of a classic painting he looks like; ruffled hair that manages to still look tame, hardened features, black-rimmed glasses framing his face. I'd always found him attractive, since the first day I'd seen him, but recently, it's felt different.

"Figuring out where he lives won't be hard," Harry says, making my eyes flicker up to him as he makes his way to the desk. I put my chair back in its place as he pushes his suit jacket back to sit down with a huff and scoot up closer to the desk. He opens his laptop and begins typing.

"So you have access to that?"

"Technically, everyone does. Nowadays you can find someone's address in seconds with no type of clearance."

I stand up and walk to where he is when he nods his head for me to come to look. I can smell the shampoo in his hair as I place one hand on the desk and the other hand on the back of his chair to lean down, my eyes grazing across the screen.

There, a picture of officer Soto is pulled up. His lips are pressed into a frown that completely contradicts the playful persona he'd given me earlier. His hair is cut down into a buzzcut, also unlike earlier, where it'd grown out, and his face was completely shaven, revealing a few scars scattered across his jawline.

Next to it, is his address and license plate. 2715 Dogwood avenue, I don't recognize the place, but apparently, it's in Charlotte. My brows slightly pushed together as I held my gaze at the laptop, swallowing to coat my dry mouth.

"O-okay, so we have his address. We just have to wait until he isn't home to find his laptop and get into it..." I say, mostly to myself. Harry closes the laptop shut and I pull myself up, taking a step back as he exhales a low breath.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I don't know if this will work, or if I should even do it. It just doesn't seem like enough information to jump into something like this."

"What if this is it though? Like, this is what you're missing. I have a gut feeling."

He pulls his face at me and looks at me like I've grown two heads, "A gut feeling? You want to break into a bloody officer's house because of a gut feeling?"

I press my lips together, feeling my throat close as his words hit me. "Okay, that sounded wrong. I'm just saying, I feel like there's something here. We know he's suspicious, that's a fact."