Epilogue

"Okay, you're doing this absolutely fucking wrong." I shake my head and grab the diaper, scratching stressfully at my nose before grabbing Leonardo by his ankles and tugging his legs upward. I yank a wipe from the packet and hold it out to the stubborn man who sits on the carpet floor next to me, rolling his eyes as he takes it.

"Take this, and wipe front to back." I watch as Harry carefully swipes the wipe down Leo's baby bum, looking at me with anticipatory eyes when he successfully grasps a wipe full of poop.

"What, you want me to do it again?" He scoffs when I simply widen my eyes at him, darting them from Leo's bum to his hand expectantly.

"Uh, yeah? That's the whole point of changing a diaper."

"I didn't sign up for this," He shakes his head, and I do the same, having none of his bullshit when all of this was his idea, to begin with.

"All done?" Leo coos from beneath us, peeking his head out and raising his little brows. The one-year-old's vocabulary quite literally only consisted of all done? and No! As well as the occasional faux pensive Hmm.

"No, not all done, baby, you've still got a stinky bum." I direct my last two words to Harry, who again, rolls his eyes.

I wouldn't admit it to him at this specific moment, but he looked adorable.

"How's it going in there!?" I hear Miranda call from the bathroom after the water turns off. I look at Harry and he's quick to put any disgusted feelings aside and swiftly wipe at Leo until he's squeaky clean.

"All good!" I call back, handing Harry Leo's legs and undoing the diaper. I place it under him and quickly strap it on, picking Leo up to his feet as Harry wraps the dirty diaper up and Miranda comes out of the bathroom, fanning the last little pieces of water on her hands dry.

"Record time," I whisper to Harry, and he smirks to me when Leo holds his arms out to his brother-in-law, nearly jumping away from me.

"So, he's got his diapers in here, pacifier in there," Miranda grabs the little black backpack from our couch. There were still large cardboard boxes scattered across the living room along with fresh books from the new classes Harry had started at the university to get his Masters. Shortly put; it was a mess.

While Harry had technically bought the little one-story house, it was both of ours. I can thank his clean record for that. 

Soto had been in prison for about a year and a half now because, in all honesty, Harry deserved his freedom, and Soto didn't. We will never have not made the right choice and I'm not sure if it was the therapy Harry and I had gone to, but not once did we begin to feel guilty about it. Especially with the cards we'd been dealt with afterward.

The job at the study I tutored at allowed me to pay the utilities while Harry handled the Mortgage with his job at the boy's group counseling downtown. We got by.

I step over a small box of books as Harry holds Leo on his hip, nodding as Miranda quickly goes over everything in his bag. It was our first time keeping my little brother for longer than a few hours at a time and up until now, Harry had never changed a diaper.

It would be an adjustment, of course, but one that we had to make, considering that within the next few months we'd have-

"Logan," Miranda snaps, "Are you listening?"

I nod, shaking my head and glancing at Harry, who tickles Leo playfully whilst grinning at me. 

"Yeah, mama, I heard you. We got this. It's Leo, how hard can he be?"

Miranda stares at me for a moment, her brows lifted into her forehead. She finally blinks and shakes her head, mumbling under her breath and fanning me away.