XXVII

ryder ^

TW: SA/VIOLENCE.

Logan

My head is dizzy, and my vision completely blurs out as my body is knocked to the floor from the harsh pistol-whipped across my temple. I can feel liquid trickling down the area and I know it'll be leaving an ugly scar. I have to blink a few times to rid of the ringing in my eat, my jaw opening and shutting.

I hear Soto tell Harry that he has ten minutes before slinging the phone so hard it shatters against the brick wall on our left.

We were in a warehouse. It was a ten-minute drive from the grocery store, and I played close attention to the directions as Ryder held the gun to my temple, forcing me to drive. It wasn't until we pulled up to the abandoned building that he'd finally let it down, only to attach zip ties to my wrists and violently pat me down to ensure I didn't bring my phone. Lucky him, I fucking didn't.

My heart hadn't stopped racing since. As much as I would like to not fucking die, I prayed that Harry just stayed home, that he kept on the couch where he was safe and that he didn't come to get me. But I knew that wouldn't happen. He's too stubborn for his own good and I know he'll kill himself if it means saving me.

There are about six men in here, all wearing black ski masks over their heads. I have no doubts that they're members of the frat.

They stood around the room, nearly bouncing on their heels in excitement.

Ryder grabs me by my bound wrist and pulls me back up so that I'm on my knees, squatting in front of me and angling his head to the side. Strangely enough, he's still wearing his orange jumpsuit from jail. It was covered in dirt and he reeked of mildew and musk. His beard had grown in, completely wild from his lack of a razor.

I knew he'd been released over a week ago, but I feel like he's wearing it to prove a point, especially when he raises a hand to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, smiling mischievously when I flinch, my entire body shivering.

"You...little...bitch," He says slowly through a grin and a nod. "I'm wearing this outfit for you, my dear, do you like it?"

"Fuck you." I jutt my chin at him, and he's quick to send his hand wrapped around my throat, squeezing tightly and making my eyes screwed shut as he exhales through his gritted teeth.

"I should have been the one to fucking violate you that night, but I didn't, I did what I had to do. You're a selfish fucking-"

"Shut the fuck up, Fuentes," Soto cuts him off, stalking over to us and yanking him by the back of his jumpsuit to tug him off of me. Ryder's hands drop from my neck and I exhale a loud breath, leaning forward and coughing my lungs out to fill them with air again. The area that he'd touched felt disgusting, and suddenly, I hated to be in my own skin.

The other men stand and watch, not saying a word.

"You," He points to me as Ryder stands back to his feet, grunting and rolling his shoulders out, "You're gonna fucking pay. I hope Styles doesn't get here in time, because if he doesn't, I'm gonna have my way with you my fucking self, show you what a real man feels like," He snarls, his menacing eyes boring into mine as a tear falls down my face.

I take back what I said, I want Harry to fucking save me.

"And as for you, little shit, keep track of the time. Wouldn't want lover boy catching any ideas." He points to Ryder, who nods and pulls a trac phone from his pocket. I flit my eyes between the both of them, who are preoccupied and paying no attention to me. I need to stall.

"This isn't going to work," I tell them through a wheeze, "Whatever you're trying to do."

Ryder snaps his head to me, then to Soto, who looked at me as well.