XXII

Harry keeps his jaw clenched as Audrey and I are checked out. His hands shoved into the pockets of his black sweats as he made a point to not look at me. His eyes, I noticed, are bloodshot. The dark crescents under his them show deeply underneath the scrutiny of the fluorescent lights. The last two weeks for him may have been just as restless as mine. I didn't notice before, but there were light hairs skittered across his jawline as well, and his hair had grown just a little bit longer, now framing his face as it fell down over his ears. I wondered how he'd been.

For a moment, I thought I was seeing things, my heart, being the backstabbing bitch she is, leaped at the sight of Harry, excitedly, almost. My mind, however, was fucked with confusion that soon turned into anger. While I was glad he bailed us out, it annoyed me that he refused to acknowledge me. Why did he even help me if he was going to be a dick?

"Does Sharon know?" Audrey asks, and if I didn't know any better I'd say there was fear in her voice.

Harry doesn't respond, only nodding to the officer and stalking toward the doors, pushing them open and not looking back, leaving Audrey and me to jog behind him, catching the door with our hands. I notice Audrey's chest rise and fall as she walks at a quicker pace than me toward the car.

"Harry, you can't-"

"Shut-" He brings his hand up, immediately silencing Audrey. His eyes screwed shut for a second, his head hanging as he takes a breath to calm himself down. "Shut up. Get in the car, and shut up." His voice is calm as he yanks his door open and climbs in.

Audrey nods, glancing back toward me. I realized I'd been standing there, apprehensive about it all. Should I get in the car? Or call China or Ramon. Fuck. I don't even know where they are. They have the apartment key, I didn't bring mine seeing as we went together.

"Logan," Audrey hisses quietly as she opens her door, nodding her head to the other side, silently telling me to get to avoid pissing Harry off even further. Little did she know, I couldn't give less of a shit how pissed off he was. Nobody told him to come here.

I get in the car anyway, opposite side of Audrey. The car is dark and quiet before Harry brings it to life, only the hum of the engine is heard below us. I sniff and catch of glimpse of Audrey, who wrings her hands together in her lap. I know it's her fault we're here in the first place, but I still feel bad.

"Put your seatbelts on." Harry snaps. I look up to the rearview mirror, seeing his flaring gaze mostly on me.

After slowly clicking my seatbelt on, I pull out my phone to check my messages, seeing nearly 50 missed calls from China, 67 from Ramon, and hundreds of text messages between the both of them. I open my messages, texting the group chat we're in.

Me: getting arrested was not fun. 0/10

Cars pass by us as Harry continues to drive in since, and the light of my phone illuminates the back seat as it dings to signify another message.

China <3 : what the actual fuck logan I was gone for two minutes!!!

From the messages she sent earlier, I learned she'd been in one of the bathrooms downstairs, taking a shit. Ramon was with her until he heard the commotion and came out.

Ramonie: wya

Ramonie: we don't have the key. do u?

Jesus fucking christ.

Me: you had chinas lanyard!!!! wtf!!!

Ramonie: no I didn't I gave it to you when I made our drinks -_-