XIII

Audrey^

"Go for the AntiSocial hoodie, it fits you." Amanda suggests, sitting in my computer chair while she nods at my closet. Her legs were crossed at her ankles as she scrolled through BuzzFeed articles on the computer. I'm not sure why she needed my computer to read shitty articles on things you can make avocado with, but here she was.

Her and I had gotten to know each other a bit more, but she was closer to Ryder. The only reason she's carpooling with us is because her and Ryder were already hanging out. Plus his car was still in the shop and Miranda was our only ride.

I guess what I liked most about Amanda was her southern aroma. Her accent was aggressive and filled the room.

"Mom brought that for me like two years ago." 

"So? You're a twig, you can fit it." Ryder comments from my mirror as he draws on his tattoos with my eyeliner. I so desperately want him to just get them, but he's scared of needles.

We were getting ready for Ramon's party, and to be honest, I didn't wanna be there. I'd rather stay in and count rice grains. I was still upset about him abandoning me yesterday. For some reason, it reminded me of when he left me on New years. All be it, I wasn't entitled to his time then, but it still felt like he only wanted my company when it benefitted him. He's never really there for me as a genuine friend.

Although that put me in a sour mood, I can't help the tingly feeling I got when Styles drove me home. Whenever I thought of the way he starred at me, I got excited. I felt like I had a school girl crush. I received so little attention from him and I ran with it. 

"Better?" I  stand in front of the closet with my hands out, giving a weak smile to the apparent fashion designers. My stomach was left slight exposed with the dark red cropped hoodie that read Antisocial in small white letters. I wore them with a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and my plain white converse with the red stripe on the bottom. I knew it wasn't good, but as I said before, I didn't wanna be there.

"Supes cute, darling...but something is missing..."

"It's the best we're gonna get out of her." Ryder looks at Amanda sorrowfully through the mirror, to which she tosses her head back and laughs. I roll my eyes, making my way to the bathroom. I face myself in the mirror and my bottom lip pokes out. My cheeks were naturally flushed, which was a blessing. But my lips always felt too wide. And my chin too squarish. My head tilts to the side and I watch the brown waves fall over.

"Hm." I mumble to myself as I gather it all up and hold it in a fist at the top of my head. I'd never really had my hair up too much, but I liked the way it looked.

I find a band and quickly tie it up, then grab my Blistex from the drawer and applying it to my lips. I finish getting ready and head back into the room, seeing that Ryder was lying on my bed on his back, his head fell over the side dramatically as he looked upside down. "You spent all the time in there and look the exact fucking same."

"I think she looks hot." Amanda winks at me, flipping her dirty blonde waves over her shoulder.

" Exactly, and I'm a fucking Goddess, okay? This takes time." 

"Right." She chirps before throwing her arm around my shoulder and sticking her tongue out at Ry.

 As I pass the bed, I notice Just Mercy sitting on the floor, almost tucked underneath the night stand. I finished it and completely forgot to tell Harry about it. It was a beautiful book, and most definitely tugged at my heart strings. Before I forget, I tug my phone from the tight jeans and take a picture of the book in my hand.