XII

"Yo, yo, yo!" Ramon yells, kicking China and I's door shut with his Jordan shoe and throwing his hands up in a peace sign. China places the two brown bags and by the glass sounds, I automatically understand it to be alcohol.

"You guys are drinking?" I ask, pulling my legs down from the couch and placing the book I'd been indulged in on the coffee table. I grab my phone and check the time, seeing that it was 6:56 pm and Harry told me to be outside at 7.

"This one is." China glances at Ramon,  "I don't drink, he said he needed one and you would too after...everything."

"Don't worry," Ramon holds out a hand and wriggles his eyebrows at me, "I know you got plans with your secret little boyfriend, so I'll save you some."

The quick glance China and I share create a sting of guilt. Ramon is my friend and I feel that he doesn't know I'm doing whatever this is with Harry.

It'd been three days since I faced Ryder in court, and those days were filled with countless distractions to take my mind off of the poignant feeling that lingered in the dark spots of my thoughts. Ellen had gone back to York yesterday after I'd gone to an open house with them. The day before yesterday, China and I went to the flea market and impulsively brought random furniture to paint over with cheap acrylic paint, only to realize how shitty of an idea that was and throw it all in the dumpster.

And the day before that, the day after court, Harry was here. It was the roughest day for me and as much as I didn't want to I cried. I cried until my throat was raw and my eyes were sore. I cried until I couldn't speak. Harry held me in my bed, occasionally coming out to give China updates and bring back food that'd gone cold on my nightstand seeing that I had no appetite.

"You need to eat something, babe," Harry'd said. And If I wasn't curled up on my mattress with tear-stained cheeks, fighting the urge to vomit from lack of food, I'd call him out on the pet name. But I don't. "You didn't eat the waffles I got... or the Mcdonolads." His tone becomes a sucked in breath as I heard him shuffling with the fast-food bags I knew were on the nightstand, cold and stale from being untouched.

"Not hungry," I lied.

"Bullshit." He huffed, "Hey, look at me,"

I rolled over and faced him, where he was squatting on the side of the bed in the dark room, the only light being the light from the kitchen as China cleaned off the counters. Harry cleared his throat and raised his brows at me, holding up the Lo mein, "It's your favorite, and I got the crab bits,"

"Crab wontons?" I clarified with a hoarse tone, having to clear my own throat and swallow to level my voice. I sit upon my elbow and watched him as he reached into the bag. My stomach growls eagerly at the mention of my favorite Chinese snack.

"Yeah, I figured you'd want some so I told them to put..." He trailed off, his brows furrowing as his movements become more urgent, nearly ripping the brown bag as he hisses under his breath, "Those bloody idiots can't do shit right."

With a defeated huff, I rolled back over on my side. A glance at the clock across from me on the dresser told me that it was almost 8 pm and I hadn't eaten anything all day and as grateful as I was for the Lo Mein, I don't have the energy to eat it. 

"Hey, I'll go back and get it fixed, alright?" Harry grabbed my shoulder and gave it a light squeeze before he stalked out of the room with a string of curse words tumbling from his lips. I heard him explain the situation to China in an exasperated breath as she closed a few cabinets. My eyes flutter shut with a shaky inhale that emphasized the emptiness of my stomach and soon, I'm asleep again.