XIV

Harry ended up taking me to his place, a decision, we'd both impulsively made just as he was beginning to turn into my apartment complex. It was near eleven at night and I'd fallen asleep in the passenger seat when he asked- nervously, might I add- if I wanted to spend the night with him. I agreed, always desperate to be near him and not really ready to leave his side just yet.

So we ended up cold, smelling of grimy water and sex as we trudged into his apartment half-asleep. Harry took a shower while I napped on his couch, coming out what felt like seconds later with basketball shorts and ruffling a towel over his drenched hair, telling me he showered cold so I could have hot water left.

I showered then, washing and cleaning the dirt from my hair from the boat with his coconut shampoo. I hear his heater turn on as I'm getting out, and I'm grateful because his floor and fucking freezing.

I wash my face with his face wash and rake my fingers through my wet hair before braiding it in two braids over my shoulders.

Harry had one of his shirts and a pair of his boxer shorts in front of the bathroom door, where he'd left them, so I'm quick to get dressed and make my way to his room, placing my dirty clothes behind his door before meeting him in the living room where he's sprawled out across the couch whilst American Dad played in the background, the light from the tv bouncing across the dark walls as the other lights were turned off.

"Hey," I yawn, padding over to him and sitting down by his feet, dragging the dark, plush blanket over my legs after bringing my ankles on the couch.

Harry seems half-asleep himself, opening his arms and inviting me to lie next to him, so I do. His recliner is open, so I'm not entirely falling off the couch when I lie in front of him, blocking him from seeing the tv I doubt he was paying mind to anyhow.

"I turned the heater on for you," He mumbles, not opening his eyes when I pull the blanket over both of our bodies and snuggle closer to him to get as far from the edge as possible. My head lie in the inside of Harry's bicep, allowing him to pull me closer with one arm and using the other to encourage my leg over his so we were a tangled mess.

"Thank you,"

"Mhm,"

There's a couple of moments of silence, where the day is washed down, dwindled to vast darkness as I drift off into sleep. Harry's heartbeat is pressed against my ear and the tv plays lowly in the background until it's nothing but a faint whisper. I'm almost completely out when I hear Harry's chest rumble, tell me he was speaking.

"M'gonna take you to France one day," His voice was so faint that I couldn't tell if he was talking in his sleep or intentionally telling me this, either way, all I do is hum in agreeance. It didn't matter if he'd actually take me or not, what mattered was that he cared to last long enough to do so.

When we woke up, it was from Harry's phone vibrating on the coffee table. I'm slow to get up, already knowing my entire body will be sore from this uncomfortable position we'd slept in on the couch.

I look over at Harry, who's stirring in his sleep as well, seemingly annoyed at the persistent caller who I swear rang him at least three times.

"What the fuck is that bloody noise?" He rasps, his voice annoyed as he rubs a fist to his eyes.

I squint at the coffee table, outstretching my hand since I was on my stomach and grabbing it in a swift motion. I turn it over the front seeing Liz buzz in glaring lettering. "It's your sister," I mumbled, handing the phone to him and snuggling my face back into his bicep when he takes it. He smells like coconuts. Sweet, sweet coconuts.