XI

i saw Harry in Raleigh  :)))) 10/10

Begrudgingly, I step into the entrance hall. Since it's a Monday morning, bodies monotonously float through, almost perfectly. The large windows carry in the sun from the sunset, cascading a golden blanket on a large slit of tile. The small streak highlights every piece of dust floating in the air and it feels warm when I walk under it. The temperature has dropped back down to usual spring weather, low 70's. I was going to wear my shorts, but decided on a pair of denim overalls with flared bottoms paired with an all black long sleeve tee. My hair was tied up in a high ponytail with a black velvet ribbon, a few strands out to frame my face. And on my feet, a pair of black platform shoes that look stolen from a Bratz doll. I admit, it was a bit out of my comfort zone, but I haven't done laundry.

The moving bodies block me from the receptionist's desk where I hear Sharon conversing rather loudly in her strong accent over the low hum of chatter and movement. I'm glad she doesn't notice as I slip into the tutor hall, my feet carrying me to f17. In my mind, I push away Saturday night- everything. I don't know for sure if Harry saw me. And as blunt as he is, I don't see him bringing up something that'll honestly embarrass the both of us.

I say a few 'excuse me's' as I maneuver past other students here for their afternoon appointments.

"And then you- oh my god..." The somewhat familiar female voice doesn't get to end her sentence before erupting into a fit of laughter and I can't help but roll my eyes at the obnoxious sound. I can hear her from outside the door. Doesn't she realize this is a study hall? Where people come to study?

I send a knock to the door, my teeth already gritting in annoyance at her existence. Why is she even here? Harry knows what time it is.

She swings open the door, a smile plastered onto her giggly face. Her curly hair is long and thick, flowing down her back in a single large braid. Curls pop out around her edges around her face. She wears a single black dress that undeniably accentuates her curvy figure. Her Makeup is once again flawless, eyebrows perfectly concealed and arched. On her lips, I see the dark nude lipstick is somewhat faded. When she sees me staring, she pulls up a strap on the dress that I assumed was strapless, glancing back at Harry. My eyes travel behind her and to Styles, who sits in his chair, the top three buttons of his shirt undone. His chocolate curls are scuffled, but I can tell there was once a pomade applied to them. He moves his hands across his hair to flatten it and my face falls. He fucked her. In here.

I inhale a sharp breath at the realization, shaking my head.

My body pushes past her and she lets out a surprised, "Hm." Before turning around. I make myself comfortable in the large wooden chair across from Harry, my eyes not meeting him as I pull my bag from off of my back and sit it in my lap, quickly unzipping it. I wonder if he notices my hands are shaking. Or that I'm breathing so heavily. I don't think before sitting an aged brown edition of Crime and Skill on the desk. The desk that they've probably just fucked on.

I can feel both of their eyes on me, awaiting a reaction. "Is she gonna sit here?" I raise my brows at Harry, not bothering to turn around to face her. I don't know what came over me, but her scoff told me it was too late. Harry looks at me, jaw tightened and eyes narrowing at me as if telling me to cut the shit. I pretend I don't notice it and crane my neck to glance at her. "I'm just saying, because I can't study with her breathing down my neck." My hands move to grab a pen from the small pocket of my bag.

"Her name is Jane." He says calmly, still scanning my face. He probably has no idea why I'm acting like this, and to be honest- neither do I. Her presence angers me. I don't want her here. I meant it when I said I couldn't focus. "Whatever." My words come out in a mumble.