X

My face is still against Harry's warm chest, reveling in the comfort it provides me when it rumbles as the context-less words tumble from his lips;

"Did you know I could speak French?" He asks after a few moments of us standing in the living room. I pull away and angle my head to get a peek at his face, trying to determine if he was telling the truth or not. He's looking behind me, but upon seeing the suspicion, his eyes find mine and he chuckles, placing his hand on the back of my head and tugging me back into my safe place. "Is that hard to believe?" His voice is barely above a whisper as he mindlessly threads his fingers into my hair, slowly rocking us side to side. My eyes flutter shut and I sigh.

"Kind of. When did you learn?" I mumble with my lips pressed on his shirt.

"High school. I took a French course. When I went to visit my dad he'd always take me to Chamonix. It's a little city near Italy that he did business in, so I picked up on some more."

The vague sound of french trolling from Harry's mouth makes a grin spread across my face and a soft laugh that only I hear leave my lips. It was weird that I've known him for a few months now and had no idea he could speak French. It made me wonder what else I didn't know; surely he had a life- hobbies, interests- before Jason happened.

"Say something in French,"

"Now?" I can hear the amusement in his voice.

"Yes, now. Or else I don't believe you." I pull myself away once more to catch a glimpse of those pretty green eyes that only seemed to exist in the wildest of dreams, entrancing me every time. A contagious dimple pops up in his left cheek, igniting a fuzzy feeling in my chest. He inhales a breath, eyes looking upward in thought before he nods softly to himself, slowly saying-

"Je déteste te voir bouleversé. J'aimerais-" He pauses, furrowing his brows in confusion before nodding again when the words find their way back to him. "J'aimerais que tu n'aies pas à traverser ça." He speaks carefully, watching my face for any reaction, but it's apparent he doesn't expect a laugh; because when I do, his eyebrows pinch together and he drops his hands from me. My laugh grows harder at the way his lower lip softly came out in a way so natural, I don't even think he realized he was pouting.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I just- what did you say? It sounded made up."

His eyes roll, "It wasn't made up, silly."

"So what did you say?"

"I said you're a pain in my ass who doesn't deserve my hugs." He tells me, which I know is a complete lie. But then again, do I really?

"Teach me some french, then. It can be our thing,"

"No."

"But what if we're abandoned in Paris and we get separated or something. How am I supposed to know how to communicate?"

At this, Harry laughs, "Frist of all, there are people who speak English in Paris, second of all, why would we even be in Paris?" I frown at him, crossing my arms over my chest at his inability to take me seriously, though I knew I was only messing with him.

"Whatever, just remember, I'm not shy to say I told you so." I point a finger into his chest, but It's quickly grabbed and his own fingers thread into mine, pulling them down between us and eyeing me with a look I can't place.

"Fine," He breathes out deeply, not breaking eye contact as he blinks slowly, "what do you want to know? I don't know much, so..." I'm genuinely shocked when he gives in, allowing his jade eyes to watch me as I pondered on what exactly I wanted to learn in french. Deciding to go the easy route I ask him how I would introduce myself.