VI

The ride to Mya's house is short is short and quiet. Audrey sat in the front seat, seemingly annoying Ryder as he normally claims the spot. We ended up crawling in the back, chatting among ourselves as the couple spoke lowly in the front. I heard bits and pieces of it over the sound of Miley Cyrus playing on the radio, but apparently Ryder could hear better.

"She's jealous." He tells me as we walk up the driveway to Mya's front door. A group of people sat on the front porch smoking, which was bold, considering that we were in Coulwood. Everyone knows this area was tight on law enforcement. It was so bad that Ry and I would make bets on how long the party would last before someone called the cops.

"Jealous of what? I haven't done anything, unless Ramon told her about us." I consider, my eyebrows raising at the thought as I look at Ryder. My arm was thrown around his shoulder and he clung to it with his left hand, his right in the pocket of his jeans. "Maybe he did."

"Why would he?" I smile at the group on my left and twist the already cracked open door, the smell of liquor and weed invade my nostrils and I'm immediately grateful of the sweaty bodies providing some warmth from the January air.

"I dunno, but I need some alcohol!" He tells me, his voice raising over Cardi B as he searches for the kitchen. I give a soft smile, removing my arm from his shoulder and patting his back, pushing him through the slight crowd that began to form.

"Hey bitches!" He shouts, his arms flinging to the air as a large smile plasters on his face at the group of girls. I spot Amanda and find myself smiling at a familiar face. "Ryder!" They all squeal in unison, taking turns greeting him with hugs and kisses. " Oh my god, Zavi, did you dye your hair?" He asks a coffee colored girl who fiddles with her blond puffy ponytail. "I was gonna dye it pastel pink so I had to bleach it, but I might leave it like this." She tells him as Ryder nods, somehow finding a bottle of Sunset Rum and pouring it into a red cup.

I take the cup from him, twirling from his grasp and doing a small dance to the music as I sip the harsh drink. "Well it looks good!" He yells, holding up the cup he poured from himself before tossing it down his throat.

We stay in the kitchen for a while, Ryder somehow being able to hold conversation with 5 drunk girls. I had taken a few shots whenever it got riled again, but for the most part, I stayed next to my best friend.

The music somehow seems to get louder and the place gets crowded, I now had to sit up on a counter top while Ryder stood between my legs, facing the group of girls as my arm draped over his chest, my other hand held the cup that I occasionally sipped out of. I knew that I was at least tipsy, my eyes drooped slightly and my body felt loose, I also started to laugh a little too loud at the groups jokes.

I feel my heart beat speeding up and my stomach do dances as I let out a soft sigh, my eyes fluttering shut. My body sways back and forth with the music as Ryder tells a joke about about his grandfather, who passed away a couple of years back. I barely hear him as a voice in my head begins to search for Ramon. Ramon. A smile breaks off on my face as I bend down, whispering in my friends ear, "I'll be back."

He leans his head back, his voice now clear as he whispers, "Find me when you're done, slut." I give him a loud laugh, patting at his shoulder. Ryder has a high tolerance for drinking, he's been doing it since he was 13, it makes it hard for him to actually get drunk at parties and sometimes he has to pretend. I'm guessing it's for validation.

I fluff my chest length hair, grabbing a band from my wrist and quickly tying it up into a bun. My body squeezes through the dancing bodies and I could feel the floor thumping under my Doc Martens. I want to take off the leather jacket but decide against it , I didn't want it to get lost.