Memories 9

Harry walked over to the trapdoor and peered over it, just as Ron said there was no sign of a bottom.

He lowered himself through the hole until he was hanging on by his fingertips. He looked up at Ron, "if anything happens to me, don't follow. Go straight to the owlrey and send hedwig to Dumbledore, right?"

"Right." Ron agreed.

"Okay, see you in a minute mate."

Oh that Harry let go. Cold, damp air rushed past him as he fell straight down.

With a funny sort of muffled thump he landed on something soft. He said up and felt around, his eyes were now adjusted to the dark area.

"It's ok!" He called up to Ron and Hermione, "it's a soft landing, you can jump!"

"Harry James potter! What if it wasn't! You could have died young man!" Yelled Lily as she hit hit over the head.

"Mum! I'm fine don't worry, I'm okay."

Lily rolled her eyes and hugged him, he heard muffled words, "stupid potters, bloody stupid, damn brave."

Harry chuckled and hugged her back, James and Sirius were laughing at his misfortune while Remus as shaking his head affectionately at Harry and Lily.

Tonks slapped James and Sirius over their heads effectively shutting them up.

Harry cleared his throat, "right, shall we continue?"

No one objected to they all proceeded with the memory.

Ron followed straight away and landed with a loud thump next to Harry sprawled out.

Ron sat up, "what is this stuff?"

"Dunno, some plant thing. I suppose it's here to break our fall."

Ron rolled his eyes while Hermione blushed.

Harry chuckled and mocked Hermione's past actions, "where's some wood to light the fire Ron?"

Ron quickly caught along and mocked his wife as well, "oh why... I don't know how else would we start a fire?"

"It's not like we are wizards or anything." Harry proceeded.

"Your right we can't use our wands to light a fire like Hermione did to snapes robes."

Both of them erupted into laughter while Hermione scowled at the two while blushing.

Everyone was looking at them confused and Harry waved them along.

"Come on Hermione!"

The distant music stopped, there was a loud bark but luckily Hermione had already jumped. She landed on Harry's other side much more gracefully than Ron had.

"We must be miles under the school." She pondered.

"Lucky this plant things here really." Said Ron.

"LUCKY!" screeched Hermione, "look at you both!"

She leapt up and struggled towards a damp wall. Harry and Ron were shown with snake like tendrils wrapping themselves on their legs and making 5eir way up their bodies. (If any of you nasties think of this any other way they are 11!! Just putting that out there lol)

Lily gasped, "devils snare."

Hermione managed to free herself before the plant got a firm grip on her. "Stop moving!" She ordered. "That's devils snare!"

"Oh thanks, I'm so glad we know what it's called...great help really." Snarked Ron as he kept struggling against the plant.

"Shut up! I'm trying to remember how to kill it!" Shouted Hermione.

"Well hurry up, I can't...breathe." Said Harry struggling to even finish the sentence.

Ginny hugged her husband while he comforted her, and everyone kept glancing at Harry to remind themselves that he had made it out of this.