Memories 6

"I've just thought ....Hermione."

"What about her?"

"She doesn't know about the troll!"

Lily gasped, "TROLL!?" Lily spun around to her son.

"Thanks for remembering me Harry." Said Hermione as she glared at her husband.

"Ya," Ginny scoffed, "notice it's the one who isn't a prat."

Ron looked down feeling kind of guilty. Harry bumped his shoulder and gave him a smile which Ron gratefully returned.

"Oh all right, but Percy better not see us"

They slyly made their way to the girls toilets. They turned the corner and hear footsteps behind them.

"It's Percy!" Ron hissed pulling Harry behind a stone pillar.

They peered around it and saw snape not Percy. "What is he doing?"

"He's heading for the third floor." Harry said, while Ron wrinkled his nose.

"Can you smell something?"

"Oh Merlin." Lily whispered keeping her fully grown son in a death grip.

Harry awkwardly comforted her while she hugged him and slapped the back of his head muttering about how he's stupid just like his father.

A low grunting and heavy footsteps sounded. Ron pointed out...that there was a giant troll passing the left passage.

It's was a terrible sight, standing at 12 feet tall, dull grayish green lumpy skin, sharp nails, and holding a giant wooden club which was dragging on the floor due to the troops long arms.

Lily sat down realizing if she tried to do otherwise she would faint, Molly started breathing more heavily and held her hands to her mouth to avoid crying.

The troll walked into an entrance, "the keys in the lock, we could lock it in!" Harry quietly said to Ron.

"Good idea." Said Ron nervously.

They edged to the door, praying the troll wouldn't suddenly appear and attack them and smash them into pancakes. Harry quickly slammed the door shut, grabbed the key, and locked the door.

They ran up the passage, but as they reached the corner they heard a shrill scream, their hearts stopped.

"Oh no." Said Ron

"Was that the girls toilets...please say it wasn't Ron."

Ron looked back, gulped and nodded, "Hermione!" They both yelled as they ran back to the door.

"You locked me in there with it!" Hermione screeched hitting them both.

"Sorry!" Both boys said repeatedly as she hit them. Harry managed to escape but his wife turned on him and punched him in the shoulder. Everyone found it quite amusing.

Harry fumbled with the key and opened the door. They ran inside and were shocked at what they saw.

Hermione...shrinking back against the wall as the troll was standing over her looking murderously.

"Confuse it!" Harry yelled desperately at Ron, and seizing the two he threw it as hard as he could against the wall.

The troll stopped and lumbered around, it's eyes fell upon Harry. It hesitated then started running at him while lifting his club.

"Oy- pea brain!" Yelled Ron from the other side of the chamber. He threw a metal pipe at it, hitch the troll didn't even seem to notice.

Harry ran to Hermione as the troll stood confused, "come on, run run!"  Trying to pull her towards the door. She couldn't move and was frozen in terror with her mouth open.

"Not the time to freeze up Hermione." Said Sirius nervously, he was extremely worried for his godson and his friends.

The troll roared and made its way towards Ron.

Molly covered her eyes not wanting to see her son get hurt.

Harry did something both stupid and very brave, he took a giant leap and fastened his arms around the troll. Harry stuffed his wand up the trolls nose.

The troll howled in pain, flailing around making Harry fall backwards slamming down on the floor with a great, "oof"

Hermione fell to the floor in fright. Ron suddenly without thinking grabbed his wand, "wingaurdium leviosa!" The trolls club flew from its hand and slammed itself into the trolls head with a loud crack making the troll fall foreword narrowly missing Harry as he rolled over to the side.

Harry winced and painfully got to his feet. He was out of breath staring at the troll and flooded over to Ron, who was standing there with his wand still raised.

"Is....is it dead?" Asked Hermione.

Harry bent down, "I don't think so, I think it's just knocked out."

Harry pulled his wand out of the trolls nose wiping its snot on its shorts.

Suddenly three professors came busting into the bathroom with their wands ready.

Quirrel took one look at the troll and sat down with a hand over his heart,

James rolled his eyes, "some defense teacher..."

Snape bent over the troll, while mcgonagall was staring at Harry and Ron. She was fuming her lips in a thin straight line.

"What. On. EARTH WERE YOU TWO THINKING! you're lucky you weren't killed! Why aren't you in your dormitories?"

Snape glared at Harry, while the two people in question looked at the floor.

Hermione stepped up, "they were looking for me."

McGonagall looked shocked, "ms granger?!"

"I went looking for the troll because I-I thought I could take it on my own...because I've read all about them."

Ron dropped his wand in shock.