Head auror

The potters made their way into the living room, Lily and James looked around noticing little changes that seem to have been made to their home.

Ginny asked them to sit down and explained things the best she could. James being the first to recover from the news spoke up, " so your saying we have been dead for years!"

Lily finally snapped out of her trance, " b-but that's impossible no spell is able to bring back the dead."

Ginny shook her head showing that she had no clue either. " I better take you to the ministry."

Ginny held out her hand for both James and Lily to take and apparated them into the ministry building.

Ginny walked up to an office, not bothering to knock, and walked straight in leaving James and Lily to follow her warily inside, while also scrutinizing the head auror as they made their way inside.

The most they could see was that he had messy black hair exactly like their son Harry had. He didn't bother looking up as they walked in. Ginny stopped in front of his desk causing the man to look up and beam at her.

Lily softly gasped seeing that he had the same green emerald eyes that she has. The head auror was too focused on his wife to even take notice of them yet.

They hugged and when he went to pull away Ginny gripped him tighter, " don't freak out but your parents are one of the returners."

Harry tensed and pulled back and glanced at the couple awkwardly standing by the door.  Harry took a shuddering breath and turned toward his parents, putting on a professional face as he studied them. They clearly hadn't caught on that he was their son yet.

"You two, come over here and take a seat please?" They did as he said.

James gasped when he read what the aurors name plate had said. Harry James Potter Head Auror.

"Okay I'm sure you are very confused about what's happening and more importantly how..."

James spoke up, " is Voldemort still alive." He noticed that the head auror didn't flinch at the name and narrowed his eyes. He still didn't fully believe that this man was their son.

Ginny and her husband shared a glance and smiled, "fortunately he is dead."

Lily gave out a short relieved laugh and James punched the air.

There was a knock at the door, Harry sighed "come in!"