memories 20

Teddy gasped, "did you guys die!"

Harry gave him a deadpan look, "Yes Teddy, the people you see now are ghosts from when we died."

Teddy grumbled angrily and whacked Harry on the arm which earned him a small shove from Harry.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The nose of the car dropped suddenly and they were falling heading straight for the castle wall. Both boys screamed in terror as Ron started swinging the steering wheel around.

They missed the stone wall by only a few inches as the car gave a sharp arc. Soaring over the greenhouses, and other buildings as they steadily lost altitude.

Ron let go of the steering wheel as if it burned him and took out his wand. He whacked it on the steering wall a couple times while yelling at the car to stop.

Everyone started laughing uncontrollably both at Ron's actions and Harrys incredulous face.

Arthur shouldered Rons side while trying to smother his laughter, "I don't think your doing anything with that son."

Ron gave his father a mock dirty look and pouted at everyone who were all still laughing at him.

As they were plummeting the ground came closer and closer....

"WATCH OUT FOR THE TREE!" Harry shouted, as he lunged for the steering wheel. The car was smacked out of the sky with a heavy and thick tree trunk. They dropped to the ground in a heavy crash, the boys sat stunned for a minute or two as thick black steam rose from the cars front hood.

Hedwig gave a loud shriek of terror, and Harry had a huge lump on the center 0f his forehead where his head had hit the dashboard. To his right Ron let out a despairing noise as he held up his demolished wand.

"Please, please tell me that's not the whomping willow harry." Remus said nervously.

"Sorry Remus but I must not tell lies." Said harry in a joking manner.

Ginny held the hand that was scarred with that phrase as Ron and Hermione scowled in anger at the reminder of Umbridge.

Everyone dawned confused looks at the trio and Ginny's reactions.

"Are you okay?" Asked harry urgently.

"My wand," said Ron in a shaky voice, "Look at my wand...it's totaled!"

At that moment another branch hit the side of his car with a huge thump, sending them both lurching to the side. Another series of blows hit the top and sides of the car. Ron gasped as he stared through the windshield, Harry looked around just in time to see a branch smash into it.

The tree was attacking them, "Run for it!" Ron shouted, throwing his full weight against the door as he was knocked backwards by another hit from the branch.

"We're done for!" He yelled as. The ceiling sagged from the weight of all the blows, they the floor of the car started vibrating as the engine restarted.

Harry's eyes widened, "Reverse!"  The car lurched backwards.

One the car was out of reach of the tree, Harry, Ron, and all their positions flew out of the car. Hedwig flew out of her cage, which opened as she was thrown from the car, the car sped off into the dark forest.

" Of course you two had managed to get a car mad at you!"

Harry and Ron turned towards Sirius, as he laughed his heart out, and both shot him with a curse that shut him up for the time being.

Ron yelled at the car to come back only for it to disappear from sight. Ron plopped miserably on the grass and pet scabbers a little harder than he meant to.

"Come on," Said Harry, " We'd better go to the school...'"

"You guys are ridiculous!" Scoffed lily as she rolled her eyes.

Molly nodded her head, "I still can't believe you boys did that!"

Ginny gave a short laugh, "Did they tell you that they basically get off scot free?"

Harry gave a mock scowl, "If you call the most brutal and undeserving detention ever...Scot Free. Then sure..."

Ginny rolled her eyes, "did you forget about the detention with Umbridge where she basically had you carve words into your hand?"

Everyone who didn't know about it already, turned to Harry wide eyed as Ginny covered her mouth. "I'm so sorry harry, I didn't even think."

Harry kissed the top of her head, "it's alright dear, I would have had to tell them soon enough..."

Before anyone could say anything Harry put his hand up and started talking, "Guys I'll explain it eventually...in fact, my memories in 5th year will explain it."

Everyone grumbled but accepted it.

"Also it's going to skip a bit here as well..."

The memory showed Harry in a room with Lockhart writing on envelopes. The minutes seemed to drag on as Harry tried ignoring Lockharts voice drone on.

Harry wrote on and on when all of a sudden he heard a dark and raspy voice, "come...come to me...let me rip you...let me tear you...let me kill you..."

"What. The. Absolute. Fuck. Was. That." Said Teddy, who was obviously scared with what he just had heard.

Harry blinked in shock, not knowing exactly what to say to Teddys outburst. Everyone else looked very disturbed by the voice as well.

Harry gave a huge jump of fright, "what?"

"It's going to skip a bit here..." muttered Harry.