Memories 17

Fred cleared his throat, "ahem, you know mum I'm tired..."

George nodded, " so tiiiired, I think it's time to head to bed."

"You will not! It's your fault you've been up all night you will wait for your father to return and he will punish you accordingly."
————————————————————————-

Suddenly mr. Weasley was slumped in a seat seemingly appearing out of thin air. "What a night." He mumbled as he took off his coat and kissed Molly on the cheek.

"Nine raids...Nine! And mundungus fletcher tried cursing me when my back was turned!"

Mr. Weasley took a sip of his tea and sighed, slowly intending from the stressful day he had.

"Find anything dad?" Fred asked eagerly.

"I still can't tell if you were actually interested or were trying to get out of trouble with molly to this day..." mumbled Arthur.

George and Fred smirked,

"Now why would we..."

"Give away our brilliant..."

"Genius..."

"Secrets..."

"Especially for free."

Everyone rolled their eyes as they both finished each others sentences.

"All I got was a few shrinking door keys and a boring kettle."

Mr. Weasley yawned, "although there was some pretty nasty stuff that wasn't in my department."

"Just muggle things though really...but the things our lot decides to enchant...."

"LIKE FLYING CARS FOR INSTANCE!"

James whistled slowly, " you really set yourself up there Arthur."

Mr. Weasleys eyes popped open as he looked up to stare at his wife with a guilty look on his face.

"C-Cars Molly, dear?"

"Yes, Arthur cars."  Said mrs. Weasley as her eyes flashed, "imagine a wizard buying a rusty old car...and him telling his wife all he wanted to do was take it apart to see how it worked when really, he ENCHANTED IT TO FLY!"

Sirius and Remus both winced, "mate you dug yourself into a really deep hole there that time."

Lily shook her head, "oh Arthur."

"Well...ahem...dear, I'll think you'll find that it is quite in the law to do so...even if he could have...er...do better to tell his wife the truth. There's a loophole...in the law as long as he doesn't intend to fly the car, the fact that the car could fly wouldn't..."

"Arthur Weasley you made sure there was a loophole when you wrote that law!"

Everyone struggled to hold on there laughter especially the Weasley children and the more immature adults.

"For your information Harry arrived this morning in the car you weren't intending to fly!"

"Harry?" Mr. Weasley muttered weakly

"Mr. Weasley I'll have you know that was the most refreshing part of second year for me..."

Ginny rolled her eyes, "Harry you are so dramatic it's ridiculous."

Harry feigned hurt, "me...dramatic.."

Everyone smiled at the couple while James and Lily looked at eachother knowingly.

"Good lord do you mean Harry Potter! Very pleased to meet you son Ron has told us so much abou-"

"Your sons flew the car to his home and kidnapped the poor boy! What do you have to say for yourself now?"

"Why are they always my children when they are bad..." complained mr. Weasley earning a jab in the side from his wife.

"Did you really?" Said mr. Weasley in astonishment, "well...did it go alright?"

Everyone burst out laughing unable to control themselves anymore.

"Oh Arthur your in for it now..."

He faltered as he saw mrs. Weasley grow red in anger, "er...I mean that was very wrong boys...very wrong indeed."

Ron and Harry slipped out of the kitchen just as mrs. Weasley started scolding her husband. They climbed two flights of stair to reach Ron's room.

As he opened the door Harry was met with...lots of orange.