Hope

Harry had made many improvements over the next few weeks, he still hadn't woken but he could now breathe on his own.

Ginny, James, and Lily (Harry's parents) were all surrounding Harry's bed.

Ginny had his unmoving and limp hand in hers, she gently squeezed his hand more to reassure herself he was okay than to comfort him.

As she was about to remove her hand from his, she felt him squeeze her hand too.

She suddenly stood up and gasped loudly knocking James and Lily out of their trances.

"What is it!" Asked James worrying that something bad happened.

Ginny had tears of happiness leaking down her face, "he squeezed my hand!"

Lily stood up, "are you absolutely sure?"

Ginny nodded and sat back down next to Harry, she took his hand back and hoping it would somehow bring him awake.

Harry's eyes started fluttering open as he groaned softly causing Lily to run over to him with James right behind her.

Ginny laughed in relief.

Harry tried opening his mouth to speak but nothing came out, Ginny promptly shushed him.

"Shh don't try to talk, I'm gonna get you some water okay." Harry nodded and winced at the pain that the movement caused.

Lily started petting his head with a shaking hand, while James gave his son a watery smile.

Ginny came back with the water fairly quickly and helped Harry drink it, James and Lily looked at them fondly with smiles on their faces.

"We were all so worried Harry."

Harry held Ginnys hand, "hey, I'm okay. No need to worry anymore."

Lily looked at him amused, "spoken like a true Potter." Causing James and Harry to laugh while Ginny smiled.

Finally updated, so sorry about that I had a lot going on.

I won't go into detail but I hope you enjoy this chapter.