St. Mungos

Ginny and the family were anxiously waiting for Harry to return and hopefully be okay, although in retrospect that wasn't his luck at all and they should have realized that, instead of falsely hoping for something that wasn't gonna happen.

Ginny woke up the next morning, she slowly got out of bed and ran down the stairs hoping to see Harry.

Instead of Harry she saw a letter on the kitchen table, she immediately got worried, everyone slowly filed in while Ginny sat at the table contemplating whether or not she should open the letter.

After watching her sit there for a while James spoke up, "er...Ginny are you gonna open the letter?"

Lily wacked him on the head while silently glad that James said it so she didn't have to.

Ginny looked up, "what if it's bad news, what if.." her voice cracked and tears welled up in her eyes, "what if he's dead?"

Lily put a hand to her mouth praying that wasn't the case, everyone else looked equally mortified.

Ron was getting impatient. "Ginny we will never know if you don't open the bloody thing!"

Hermione kicked his shin from under the table, causing him to wince.

"Sorry gin."

She nodded in understanding, let out a breath and opened the letter.

Dear Mrs Potter,

We regret to inform you that when Head Auror Potter was bringing
the people who returned on their way to Azkaban he was gravely injured.
He is currently in St. Mungos, before we got to him the other aurors that were with him were injured just as bad or killed. Head Auror Potter managed to
Stun two of the escaped, we have them in custody. I would recommend you visit
your husband while you can.

Sincerely,

Minister shacklebolt

Ginny was crying by the time she finished the letter, everyone was looking at her with a mix of worry and anxiety.

"Gin...what happened is he...is he okay?"

It took Ginny a second to realize someone was talking to her, she looked up to see her mothers worried face in front of hers.

She shook her head and choked down a sob, "they said, that he is gravely injured and that he isn't doing well...he's in st. Mungos."

Lily gasped and started crying, James comforted her while silent tears made their way down his face as well.

Teddy was sobbing and clutching onto Remus, who was having trouble keeping a stoic expression while tonks tried her best to comfort Remus .

Sirius sat down in shock, while Ron and Hermione were comforting eachother, Fred and George were in shock and almost fell over.

Molly was crying silently andArthur was rubbing her back trying to comfort her.

Ginny stood up with a dazed expression on her face, "they said that we can visit him."