Prologue:

Never did she think she'd be running from something so dangerous to something potentially even more dangerous. She looked for him through the dark forest, but deep down in her gut she knew she was alone, at least until she could see the light of day beyond the trees. That's where he'd be, she was sure of it. 

Her feet hit the ground below her with such force it felt like she might cave into the dirt and become suffocated. At last, the water had began to pour, and the forest floor was soaked, damp beneath the surface. The puddles that had been freshly made were quickly disturbed by her muddy shoes clashing against them, rippling waves developing as she did so. 

It wasn't ideal, the situation she was in, she had no idea how to escape the ungodly creature behind her, or the one in front of her. All she knew is that she much rather preferred the one who waited for her patiently beyond the barricades of trees. At least he, she knew she could calm, she knew how to tame. For the one who chased after her with devilish intentions was much more deadly during this time, and unlike the other- she had no idea how to dodge its attacks. 

Sweat trickled down her forehead, and her legs became tired, she felt like she could fall at any given moment, and that would be that. She would no longer breathe the cool air the winter brought, she would not feel the warmth the sun consumed the air with during summer, she wouldn't feel anything. She wouldn't see anything, apart from black abyss. 

Except this time, despite the ache that had been created in her bones, she had a reason to make it through that forest. She had someone who longed for her as she did him, and she worried if she did not return to his grasp that he would become the creature chasing after her. He wouldn't be him anymore, he'd be... a monster. 

Birds scattered from the trees as she approached the ending, Valencia could see the sunrise, and the cloudless sky that had been brought with it. She could practically feel it, how it would be in his arms once more, how it would feel to be protected by the most powerful teenage boy she knew. No doubt crossed her mind as she saw his dark silhouette outlined. 

That was, until her worst nightmare came true. 

Valencia crashed onto the ground with a painful whimper, she felt blood flow down her leg in tremendous speed, like an endless river with no dame. Her body smacked against a tree and she hugged her torso for comfort, she had nobody to help her, she was alone. She didn't know how she'd do it, finesse death once again. She didn't even know if she could. 

"No" she murmured trying to collect herself to look at her wound, yet to her fault she saw the shadow of the creature that had slashed her leg to pieces, creep around various trees, almost teasing the scared girl. 

She didn't have time or the head space to think about whom it might be or what it might be that had wounded her perhaps beyond repair. She didn't have the time to piece together the puzzle in her bright mind to analyze the situation for a solution or answer. It was her and that creature, one of them had to die for the other to live, so which would be the sacrifice? 

Valencia was stuck, she was the prey to the predator, and without another person, she was doomed. So what was the answer to survive? She only knew of one, and perhaps it was stupid to do it, but in the moment, it was her only option. He would know what to do, he would know how to slain the beast. 

"Tom!" she called out, she preyed to the heavenly gods that he heard her cry, he was so far away, yet so close, maybe he did hear it. Maybe he was on his way to save her once again as she did him multiple times. 

Or not.