Chapter fifteen: Too close

Daily Reminder:
You are extraordinary, and you should feel comfortable in your own skin. I strive for everyone to be happy in their own bodies, so know that no matter the type you are perfect.

***

Potions was becoming less eventful as time continued passing by not giving anyone time to adjust to the suddenly cold weather that had fully settled in Hogwarts. The days ran slower as the air grew colder, and the nights began to out stretch to full capacity as everyone who attended the school wished to stay under their blankets a moment longer before they were forced to breakfast.

Valencia stirred her mixture up, making sure to keep her movements clear and lacking any hint of hesitance. This was her only class she did not share with Abraxas, or any of her friends for that fact. So, she was alone sitting next to the Slytherin prefect who had taken refuge in behind his robe, obviously avoiding the witch.

She wanted to curse the skies for what he was doing, hex him for being so ignorant when it came to emotions. She wanted him to realize that it was alright to feel things besides negativity. She wanted him to be happy, to prevent him from causing further damage. Not only to his being and his heart, but also to others in general.

"Riddle do you have to be so quiet?" she asked as she spared a glance in his direction, typically he would scold her when she was doing something wrong or too slow or too fast, but this entire time he had been focusing on his own potion, and paying no mind to the girl next to him.

He looked at her, for the first time the entire class period, and instantly regretted it as his blood began to boil at a high temperature. He clenched his fist around the whisk and wanted to yell at her, shout for her disturbance in not only his process but his life. He didn't want her around any longer, any trace of need gone.

"I owe no words to you" he growled, knuckles turning white as he almost broke the wooden utensil in half. The wood made an interesting noise at his force, so he had to place it down so he didn't break it. Then, he looked back, and again he regretted it, not wanting to hear her whining and complaining, it made him want to claw out his ear drums.

"I did not say you owe any words to me, you owe me nothing" she retorted becoming annoyed with the tone he was using, she didn't like it when her gleeful atmosphere was interrupted with something full of darkness. Tom Riddle, unfortunately, was only made out of darkness. "But you are making yourself out to be a respectful gentlemen, correct? It isn't very kind of you to ignore me all period."

He scowled at her confidence, knowing deep inside that he should inflict fear into her bones so she never spoke to him in such a way ever again. Though, he could not bring himself to do it, he merely could imagine how her screams would sound against the chambers thick walls. Oh what a sound it was.

"My apologies" he mumbled, his vein in his forehead was pumping blood unlike ever before, and he did not feel like being the friendly perfect boy he had portrayed himself to be. He felt chaotic, angry, disappointed, so many emotions- all bad, directed toward her.

Valencia leaned in closer, making his temperature resemble a flaming star in the Galaxy. She was becoming too comfortable around him, and it was getting on his last nerve. "Is this about what happened in the bathroom the other day?" the words slipped from her in a hurry and her stomach clenched as he snapped his head back toward her, "because I can forget it ever happened if that is what you would like me to do."

Of course that is what he wanted to do, but that's not what would happen and he knew that. He expected that to be brought up until he came up with an answer to the question the both of them wondered, 'why was he there comforting her?"