Chapter twenty-seven: Alone

"Find hope in the hopeless
Pull me out of the train wreck
Unburn the ashes
Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet"
-James Arthur

***

Tom Riddle's hands gripped the side of the chair as he waited to her arrival.

Truth to be told, Tom didn't get nervous or anxious much, or ever, but that particular morning- he was far past nervous. His foot tapped impatiently against the wooden floor, his jaw clenching and unclenching against the sunlight as dawn approached. The radiation warmed his features as he allowed his thoughts to consume him in his time of lonesomeness.

Valencia Young was a strange witch with strong emotions. She had caught his attention in the worst of times, he had taken a halt in his plans for a stupid girl. He had scorched his followers for ever falling for something as useless and weak as love, and yet there he was. He was being a hypocrite, and he knew it, but he didn't seem to care enough to stop.

Perhaps he should've tried to stay away from her, try his absolutely hardest to keep out of her life. He didn't know whether he should try to distance himself away from her, or embrace this new feeling. He had felt physical attraction, maybe he had not acted on it but he knew of it very well.

Yet this was on physical attraction. Sure, he pursued the thought of having her so close, where he could be with her everyday and touch ever ounce of skin. However, he hadn't any experience with it, he didn't know if it was a good idea to try to start something with a girl. He couldn't love, he couldn't, it was physically impossible for him. So.. would that cause problems?

"She's with Malfoy you absolute selfish bastard"

Tom silently cursed himself for having to think about what it would be like alone with her. Valencia was off limits, even if it angered him immensely to his core to see her with Malfoy, he was better for her. He had always been a better man then he when it came to personality, and that also made him upset.

"Good morning," a soft voice broke through the thick air surrounding him. His head turned to face her, her hair was pulled back into a loose braid, a few rogue strands shaping her face. She was wearing tights that clung to her skin and went up past her hips. Then, she was wearing a blue long sleeve shirt.

Riddle's head began to spin as he prayed she hadn't remembered what he had foolishly said the night prior. His demeanor relaxed a bit when she didn't seem uncomfortable in his presence. "Good morning, how are you feeling?" he asked eyeing her up and down, still extremely angered by her marks.

"I'm still shaken up, but I think it's best if we just forget about it," she said, her smile had faltered and she had began to walk over to the table he was sitting at. In between them was a plate of different varieties of foods, and she slowly reached for an orange.

"You shouldn't push it down, in order to get past your trauma you have to face it," Tom explained watching her intensely as she brought the orange to her pink lips.

"I don't want to face it."

"But you should," he pestered getting a bit annoyed that she was pretending it had never happened. He didn't know if this was the best thing for her, he strongly believed that she should've tried to deal with it so it didn't weigh down on her shoulders for the rest of her life.