Chapter forty-two: Woman of Power

"Hands on your body, I don't wanna waste no time
Feels like forever even if forever's tonight
Just lay with me, waste this night away with me
You're mine, I can't look away, I just gotta say"
-Mine, Bazzi

***

Tom stood in the back of the bedroom, watching with contentment as she pulled her robes over her shoulders. The silky skin he has grown to crave, to become an addict to, covered from the raw material of her clothing. How she managed to look beautiful in such bagging clothes, he had no idea. However, she did, she was the most extraordinarily magnificent creature he had ever laid eyes on.

His plan would be carried out tonight, though they both had astronomy soon, he somehow would convince her then and there. He had the conversation played out in his head, wanting to make every word more truthful than a lie. He wanted her willingly to come to him, to join him in his quest for power, to make her own horcrux without force.

Slowly, he ambled across the stone flooring, hands stuck in his pockets as he approached the back of her. She was looking in the mirror, searching for any imperfections that would be noticed. If only she knew that she didn't have any, she could wear a paper bag and still be as captivating as she was when she wore a revealing gown.

Arms wrapped around her waist, his head rested on her shoulder, and he stared at her through the glass, seeing her eyes land upon his in a clash of genuine affection. He swirled his thumb around her stomach, intense stare making it hard to focus on her appearance when she was so engulfed in his. He was also perfect in her eyes, everything about him was something she wouldn't change a thing about.

His irises danced around the emotion of love, the barricade fading in and out as he fought to conceal the care for the woman in his arms. He wouldn't admit it then, but he despised loving, her loving him was pathetic, but he wouldn't change it. He wanted her to be stuck with him through thick and thin, and that somehow.. made him want to love her back.

"I had a dream last night," he whispered, eyes still glued on hers in their reflection. To anyone besides the two of them, they'd see a happy innocent couple of teenagers who had managed to fall in love. Like they were supposed to. Though this may be partly true, the naked eye missed the intimacy and severity they had. It was any easy thing to miss when looking at them.

"Did you?" she asked laying her hands on top of his on her torso, his head turned slightly so his breath fanned against her ear. The shudders her spine created didn't go unnoticed, but he decided to hide the tug of pride in his soul until later. Right now, he had a plan to take out, and he wouldn't let anything come in between him and his success. "What was it about?"

Riddle smiled faintly but forced it back into a thin line of comfort. His body seemed to fail him in times he needed it most, then and there he succumbed to her intoxicating touch. He leaned into her back, his weight making her stumble a bit but she grabbed onto the desk, holding herself up and him along with her. "I dreamt of you of course."

"Of me?" she said, a slight blush creeping onto her cheeks and nose bridge, her hand slid up and down his forearm, leaving trails of goosebumps behind. The velvety slide of skin making it more complicated to say what he wanted to say, to tell her just how close to loving her he truly was. "What about me did you dream about?"