Chapter Fourty-Four: Love all of you

"God I wish you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you."
- Traitor, Olivia Rodrigo

Warning:
Mature scenes

***

"Bull shit Malfoy, all of you are disgraces to your families' names," Rosier spat venomously clenching his fist, it took all in him not to hex the life out of the group before him. Valencia didn't deserve this either. He might be in a society filled with selfish monsters but he was nowhere near as bad as they were. Was he?

"Why?!" Nicholas growled tossing away his dignity and putting down the only thing he had to offer at this point, logic. This was the only sane option. Even if he hated to admit it. "We are allowing her the life you have fought for her to have, she is free from any of this!"

"No, why don't you see how fucked up this whole thing is?" He snapped, hairs of brunette bark falling before his face, hiding the absolute hated he had behind it. "Don't you see how immoral this is? How dangerous we have all become? We are teenagers, what authority do we have to take her memories or her life?"

Avery took his words into consideration, though he wouldn't say that out loud. He himself knew just how far he had fallen, so much so it was impossible for return. Which is why he didn't care. He was too far from innocent, too drained of immaturity and the basic childish start, he was far from the perfect boy everyone saw him as. He had nothing left to save himself for, he was damned either way.

"We are knights, Rosier I do hope you haven't forgotten your true duties. We made a pledge, each of us made it when we joined. We do what is needed to protect our oath, Riddle will achieve power no matter the costs. She is in this case that cost."

"She doesn't have to be," Renold shot back eyeing each of them with a disgusted curl of his lip, he couldn't hold back the venom lacing his disturbing tongue. He was one to keep the peace, one to do no matter what for his friends, but something about this didn't sit right for him. She treated him kindly, like another person.

Even if he acted as if she was just another female friend, she was more to him in his mind. He was not in love like his fellow knight Malfoy, or his leader Riddle, but he was in love with the kindness and the personality she portrayed. She treated him as if he was not someone whom took with murderous men or hade wealth in his name. He was just a friend to her, as she was to him.

"As you all know," Abraxas swayed in his mind, understanding what he was offering, what he had given. An idea not quite as bad as murder, but damn near close. "I love her, as much as I hate to say it out loud I cannot deny my feelings for her, I cannot murder the woman I love. However, I do propose this, in hopes it will save her from pain and from being stolen the light of life."

"You're a fucking coward," Renold spat, teeth clenched, he didn't even notice the tears building up at the brim of his eyelids. He felt heavy, like he was barely standing on his own. As if he was ridden of something or someone, even if he couldn't identify it. "You make me sick, if you loved her you wouldn't do anything to harm her!"

"I am doing what I can! She put herself in this situation, she should've left when she had the chance, it is not my fault she chose the emotionless bastard-"