Chapter one: Clash of Prefects

"I once knew a boy who made all the wrong choices"
-Albus Dumbledore

***

The train's wheels beat against the railroad roughly, echoing its sound throughout the train. Throughout the compartments, through each section, there were students. They were changing, talking amongst themselves, buying lots of candy. It was truly a magical time.

Then there was her.

Valencia sat quietly in the back, her hair tied behind her to drape perfectly across her shoulder. The witch held a certain kind of beauty that attracted many, but few made it past her walls.

Gavin Ollivander being one of the two alive, he was her best friend, it took him a while, but he was damn well determined to break into her cold heart and warm it until it boiled. In which he did, perhaps not in the way most would like, but he made her feel.

Cassandra Parkinson being the other, was just as important, and made her feel just as well. The girl was her only female friend, and that meant more to Valencia than anything else combined. They were soulmates, that truly believed it, and that feeling next went away fully.

"Hey" Gavin entered the compartment swiftly, arms full of sweets and delicate treats, he had his Slytherin robes tightly pulled around his figure, and he had this huge smile plastered upon his perfect pink lips.

"Hi" Valencia breathed getting up from her spot next to the window to help him, "do you know of Cassandra's whereabouts?" She grabbed half of the stack and impatiently moved it onto the seat on the far right, for anyone's use.

"No" he answered plainly moving past her gently, avoiding any physical contact. He did not enjoy such. "I thought initially that she would've been in here, has she not stopped by like normal?"

She shook her head no, taking her typical spot next to him, admiring his glow that had been newly formed. It was true, the boy has grown quite beautiful over the summer, and perhaps it was the hormones or the fragile exterior of their friendship, but she saw more in him than she had before.

"I suppose she is changing in the bathroom, should I go check on her?" she exchanges a glance to her friend but he merely shrugs in reply.

"I don't know, you'd think she'd be out of the changing room by now, are you sure you did not just overlook her presence somehow?" he leaned his head on the cold window and let the water drip down his cheek gracefully.

"I would not overlook her, she is quite the sight you know? It is hard to look over someone so perfect" Valencia grasped the back of the seat and hoisted herself up and off the comfortable seat.

"Oh quit it, she is not as perfect as she portrays herself to be, I quite fancy you over her if we are being honest" he smirked in her direction and she shot him a deadly glare filled with poison and venom.

It was truthful, she was jealous of her best friend, she held qualities and characteristics that Valencia had no intention of ever beholding. Cassandra was passionate in the magic subject, she held compassion for the art, and held it as a treasure she must protect with her life.

Valencia had no respect for the art, it wasn't a necessity to her as it was for Parkinson. She could survive and thrive without the use of any magic at all. She was sure of it, as she had been doing it all her life.