Chapter ten: What makes him special?

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
-Marilyn Monroe

***

Cassandra watched her best friend and roommate hang pearls in her ears, decorating her skin with fine elegance. That seemed to be her specialty, she wasn't exactly humble, but she certainly wasn't one to brag about her wealth. Though, her mother kept most of it to herself, she did leave her daughter with quite the sum to use for appearance. Strictly appearance.

The three of them combined had always been the most powerful trio to exist in their era. Now with Severus being in, it only grew, power and all. They weren't exactly sure if that was something to be excited about or if they should be worried. All they knew was all of them together was sinfully grand, and they were indeed inseparable.

"Do you think pearls are good for me? Too much? Or perhaps something silver or gold, I have no idea, what is your opinion" she fixed her long blonde hair in a braid and used her hand to drape it over her shoulder.

"Pearls to me, have always been something you wear to more sophisticated events, if it were up to me, I'd tell you to wear the silver, I think you look divine in it, always have" she responded planning brushing through her own locks with such fragility, to avoid any hair pulling or unnecessary loss.

"Silver it is then" Valencia answered swiftly unclipping the row of shiny pearls from behind her neck and letting them fall softly against the palm with a clink. Then the ones crowding her neck, letting them sit with the rest. With that, she pivoted toward her bed, stopping in front of her jewelry box and sliding her fingers around the box to open the lid. 

Inside, it was red velvet surrounding every box, ranging from plain white, to black fur. There were several different options to choose from, so difficult, so hard. She sighed with content when her eyes laid upon her most common piece of jewelry, the one she went to when none of the others spoke to her. It was indeed silver, and in the middle of an amulet shape were a mound of amethyst.

Next to it, there were the matching earrings that had come with the set. They were exactly the same, the only difference in size, and the back had a place to clip it onto her earlobe without too much trouble being caused.

"Should I go with my usual?" she asked turning around with the necklace draped across her finger tip and hanging shamelessly down. The gems glimmered helplessly in the sunlight that peaked through their window. It was a heavenly sight to look at something so beautiful, and they both couldn't help but stare at it momentarily.

"Oh yes" Cassandra clapped her hands together and rose up from her seat, she was already completely ready. Her pink lips were shielded with the tiniest gloss, and her eyes watched Valencia's with such intensity she felt she had done something wrong. Yet, she knew that is just how she looked at people, not meaning to seem so harsh. "You look absolutely stunning as always Val, I don't know how you seem to impress me everyday."

The girl blushed for a moment before moving out from her gaze and going to the mirror to look at her reflection once more. She was indeed pretty, her school uniform fit her body perfectly, her skirt reaching a bit above her knees, and her knee-high socks meeting where they were supposed to. Then there was her fine assortment of jewelry, that made her look whole, that made her look... like her.