Chapter forty-one: Migraine

"You're the light, you're the night
You're the color of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much"
-Love me like you do, Ellie Goulding

Warning:
Mature scenes
P.S. am I doing too many of these?

***

"You're beautiful," he murmured, pushing some hair out of her face. The violent scent of warm vanilla coconut drowning him making it hard to breathe. Suffocation seemed nice when he would lose all senses to her scent. He could smell her for hours, days, years, he could never get tired of it.

"I'm happy Tom, we're married, living together, it's anything I could ever ask for," Valencia replied leaning into his cold touch, her pale cheeks were ignited with the faint blush of pink crossing over her vibrantly. She was light in the darkness of the night, the breeze from the beach just a few feet away from them catching her dress in the shocks.

"I should've married you earlier," he snickered grabbing her chin with his right hand while the other settled on her waist. He was someone entirely devoted to another, the ones you read in books could never compare. He had the love of his life in his arms and she wasn't letting go, he had happiness and joy in his grasp. "To think that I was hesitant back in school, what a foolish teenager."

"Not foolish, just confused and clueless," she retorted quickly, seeming offended by his choice of words. That was the man she fell in love with after all, and she wouldn't change it for the world. She would go through the pain, the choices, just to be where she was. In his arms, on the beach while on their honeymoon, feeling the gale above the water wash over them. "If it weren't for him we wouldn't be here now."

"If it weren't for him perhaps we would've been here a lot earlier," Tom whispered, but he didn't totally mean it. He understood exactly where she was coming from, deep down despite the guilt he felt for his actions- he wouldn't have changed it for the world. He'd do it again and again just as she would.

"Maybe," she smiled lazily, the alcohol she had earlier buzzing to her brain as she thought about everything they had been through. The arguments and the fights, just to lead them here, holding each other tight. It was all worth it of course, and she's more than happy with him. "I fell for that foolish teenager though, he was cold and dark, but I loved him none the less."

Riddle pushed her head closer to his, hesitating to kiss her. He had done it million times by now but the butterflies never ceased, they only got more intense over time. He could barely form a sentence to the witch without receiving some sort of fluttering. It was awfully annoying at times when he was supposed to be serious.

"He loved you," Tom responded entangling his other hand in her hair as the one he had on her chin ran down until it was at the base of her neck, not applying any pressure. He just wanted to touch her he supposed, "he just didn't know it yet, he loved you so much, and he still does."

"Does he?" She asked, he could've sworn he saw a flash of black across her irises, but he chose to ignore it, since it was most likely the alcohol finally getting to his head. Her bottom lip was sucked in beneath her teeth and he wanted nothing more than to kiss her, kiss away her doubts, kiss away the horrid memories that brought them together.