Chapter thirty-seven: I cannot love you

"I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
- George R.R. Martin

Warning:
Language
Violence

***

"Let me explain," Valencia began, racing to get some sort of reasoning out. She couldn't believe she had let him kiss her for even a fraction of a second, it was stupid, it was so very stupid. She had froze in the worst possible time, and she knew that she would pay the consequences. She knew there was no logical way out of this.

"I don't want to hear your lies," Tom seethed, chest heaving with so much intensity it almost was painful. This whole thing for him was painful, he couldn't seem to shake the feeling of betray from his heart. He had given her his cold black heart, she had warmed it with her natural heat, and then she left it there, searching for someone else to fix.

"It's not a lie Tom, please I just went to go see him in the library-"

"So you admit it?" he darkly chuckled, taking his time as he began to circle her. He was hurt yes, there was no doubt about that, but he was angry more than anything. He was feeling a lot, all so familiar, but the emotions he could pick out were all devilishly excruciating. "You admit you went to go see him in the first place?"

"Yes but-"

He stopped behind her and collided a hand over her mouth, laying his head on her shoulder, his chest facing her back as she squealed from surprise. His curls tickled the side of her neck as he spoke, "there is no reason, I gave you my loyalty, I expected you to do the same."

Valencia fought the urge to start crying in front of him, she didn't want to seem as pathetic as she knew she was. It was all happening against her will, and she had no idea how to stop it. "So tell me.. did you like it? Did you like the way he kissed your lips? The ones I own, the ones that have touched the most sinful places."

She shuddered in his hold, feeling his hand slowly pull down on her lip, dragging it down and releasing it so it wobbled slightly. She had no idea what was happening, she expected him to yell or scream, maybe even cry, not this. She definitely did not expect this of all outcomes, "No."

He clicked his tongue against his cheek, feeling the throb of anger pulsing through his body until he pressed harder into her back. He wanted to smile, to taunt her with everything he had, but unfortunately he was far to possessive for that. "I won't forget about this, Young, I won't forget about how you went behind my back while I was feeling tremendous guilt for how I treated him yesterday, and kissed another."

Valencia whimpered when he grabbed her forearm, removing his chest from her back and pulling her forcefully into his bathroom. She didn't even have time to register what was going on until she was lifted by her thighs onto the counter. His hands moved up from the bottom of her thigh, to the top, and he squeezed harshly until she winced a bit from the sting.

"Tom what are you doing?" she asked, she watched as he grabbed a cloth from the side of the sink and wet it in the water. The heat that was emerging to the surface from where his other hand was located was hard to subside when he was gripping so roughly.