Chapter thirteen: Malfoy's dorm

"Did you have to do this?
I was thinking that you could be trusted
Did you have to ruin what was shining now it's all rusted
Did you have to hit me where
I'm weak, baby, I couldn't breathe
I rubbed it in so deep
Salt in the wound like you're laughing right at me"
-Taylor Swift, Bad Blood

***

The day went by horrendously fast, words were being spread, rumors being told, and time was running short before Severus would undoubtedly find out about Valencia's Rendezvous with Abraxas. So, she prayed to the gods that she found him before someone told him of it, but she could not seem to find him anywhere.

She searched the countless halls filled with cheesy Christmas decorations, and multiple children. Most of them were crowded to the point where she couldn't make it through without being pushed over or cursed at for stepping on someone's shoes. It was extremely frustrating.

Yet, it all seemed worth it when she ran into the greasy black headed boy. He had taken refugee in one of the abandoned bathrooms, sitting in front of the smallest stall, reading a book that seemed to relate to the unknown creatures that roamed the forest. He didn't seem to notice her presence so she took this opportunity to walk closer to him, attempting not to disturb his study.

It didn't last long though when his dark eyes followed up the tiling to the girl standing awkwardly in the middle of the bathroom. His eyebrows furrowed and he instantly snapped his book shut. If it wasn't for the growing smile on his face she might've mistaken him for frustrated or annoyed with her.

Then, he walked over to her and embraced her lightly squeezing her arms. It didn't last long, since he did not really like physical touch it was rare he would do such a thing out of the kindness of his heart. He must be having a good day, and that made her heart rate go a bit more down.

"Hello" he mumbled grabbing his book off the ground and shoving it into his robe pocket. He then fixated his gaze back on the witch, and his lips twitched slightly when he saw the slight blush that crept across her cheeks and nose bridge.

"Hello Sev" she responded lowly, her mood wasn't the best at the moment. Truthfully, she was exhausted and her stomach was hurting with the anticipation of her date that following night. She almost regretted it, ever saying yes, but she couldn't bring herself to cancel it. "I have something I wish to speak to you about, and I feel it would be better to hear it from me rather than someone else."

That is when all friendliness dropped from his face as if someone had used heat to melt it all away. Instead, it was replaced with a much less pleasing void expression, and he suddenly didn't seem in such a good mood as he was previously. Her stomach churned more at that, the anxious feeling she had when the words sat on the tip of her tongue, threatening to fall off.

"Go on then" he pressured sliding his hands into his pockets and fiddling with the robe's loose material. He didn't seem to impressed with the nervousness that was obviously radiating off her perfect skin. To be honest, it made his gut quench with a type of pain, even when she hadn't even said anything yet to upset him. "I don't have all day, you can tell me anything, you know this."

Valencia sighed and ran a stressed hand across her face, stretching her skin showing her eyebags more clearly against the sunlight. She loathed the growing hatred for herself in her heart as she searched for the right way to come out and say it. Though, she supposed there was no "right" way to say it. He had continuously warned her to stay away from him, and here she was doing the exact opposite of what he had suggested.