Chapter seven: Study Sessions

"Friendship- my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don't have trust, the friendship will crumble."
-Stieg Larsson

Daily dose of inspiration:

Keep going.

Be the best version of you possible

***

Her hair was tied back neatly behind her, her front two strands sticking out perfectly, framing her face with high posture. Her neck had pearls decorating the skin, and her nimble fingers traced them with delicacy. Beyond that, she had on a white sundress, clinging to her body so it would close in on her figure, putting it on display for anyone's wondering eyes. Then below her clothing were a pair of white heels, making her feet seem not so bare.  It was a Saturday there at Hogwarts so of course she was going to take advantage of the no uniform policy.

On her left was Cassandra Parkinson, her blonde hair was tied back fully, beautiful ivory skin glistening against the sunlight as they had their daily stroll through the grass. She had on a sundress as well, matching with her best friend that was on her arm, the only difference being this one was pink, seeming that color was her favorite of all. She had slippers that hid her feet, completely different from Valencia's.

"You should talk to him Val, he really misses you, this morning at breakfast when you didn't show up- he didn't seem the same. He was mopey and didn't even eat, you have to talk to him. You're his best friend and he loves you, it's unfair." She pushed her friend's hair behind her ear and admired how perfect she truly was.

"I don't know, maybe it's best if I don't, I truly don't want to hurt him anymore Cass, it was very intense last time we shelled, and we have another session coming up in a couple weeks, same partner as well." Valencia leaned against Parkinson to feel her warmth against her cold, she searched for some kind of resentment but found none.

"Then we switch partners- me and you can go at it or Severus, he hasn't been yet, I'm sure he'd love nothing more than for you to be his first match" she suggested the idea as a way for her to get her mind off of hurting Gavin again, but it seemed to only make it worse. It taunted the idea that perhaps she was just as lethal toward everyone else as well.

"No, I will not even entertain the idea of making him my partner, if I hurt Sev I don't think I'd ever forgive myself, same goes for you- I can't hurt anybody else. Maybe we should just forget the dueling lessons all together and focus on mending this friendship." Young offered her solution forward, watching the castle come into view better.

The sky had began to darken, the sky swirling with dark clouds that built up a wall preserving the sun's beauty. In those clouds were another round of water, waiting to be poured down on the school's grounds. Which had been the usual weather cast lately, transitioning into fall there at Hogwarts went this way typically.

"Sure we can, I see nothing wrong with postponing until we figure out whatever it is you two have. My mind hasn't changed though, you should still speak with Gavin about this Val." Cassandra's dress flowed in the wind with the slight breeze that overtook them as they walked. "And you look far better with your hair down, so please-" she went to grab the tie out of her hair but Valencia's hand flew up and grabbed her wrist, slinging it down gently.