Chapter twenty: Carriage awaits

"We've come a long way (yeah, we came a long way)
From where we began (you know we started)
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again (I'll tell you)
When I see you again"
-See you again, Charlie Puth, Wiz Khalifa

***

The table of Ravenclaws were crowded with hundreds of students, all of a variety ages, talking amongst themselves. There was sweets and pastries of different varieties throughout the table, the hundreds of foods making it impossible not to be at least a bit impressed with how much they are able to put out in the kitchen.

Valencia's black sundress reached her knees as she sat down next to Severus, feeling a bit distant from him since they hadn't been hanging out as much. She scooted closer to him and for the first time in what seemed forever she leaned her head on his shoulders and let her eyelids flutter close. He didn't move, nor flinch, but merely turned his head to look at what she was doing.

"Did you really miss me that much?" he asked suddenly, he wrapped an arm around her shoulder to push her closer to his body. In all honesty, he felt the exact same about her, he missed when they would hang out like this. They hadn't been able to spend as much time together since she had began dating Malfoy, and it bothered him immensely.

"I did," she mumbled digging her head into his side and sighing harshly. She was exhausted from all the males in her life except for two- Snape and Ollivander, and though they weren't as close as the beginning of the year, there was no doubt always going to be care for one another there. Each of them holding a special place in each other's heart.

"You look like you're exhausted, how much sleep did you get last night?" he asked her pushing her head off his shoulder so he could see her face better.

Valencia truly didn't want to talk about what her night held, and especially her morning, but she knew she needed to talk to someone about what happened. Unfortunately for her, she didn't think that Severus would understand her situation. So her mind automatically went to one person, the person she was meant to spend most of break with.

The girl had owled her mother just hours prior and she hadn't received an answer yet, but she didn't let that shake her mission. She was going to allow the boy to stay with her whether her mother told her he could do so or not. After all, it wouldn't be the first time she had to deal with the repercussions of her actions.

"I got good sleep Sev, I just have a lot of stuff on my mind" she replied grabbing a piece of bread off the table and bringing it to her plump lips before taking a bite. Then she scowled at the feeling of it going to her stomach, recently she hadn't been eating as much as more things crowded her mind, keeping her awake at night.

"Oh yeah?" He smiled a bit at her and pushed her to the side with his shoulder making her laugh a bit more for the first time that morning. "What's been going on in that pretty little head of yours that's keeping you up at night?"

Valencia shrugged her shoulders and tried her best to move her way around the truth, make it sound like she wasn't going as crazy as she truly was.
"Just the upcoming O.W.L. S, I'm worrying that I'll forget all that I've learned over break since I've got so much going on- I don't know if I'll have the time to study."