Chapter seventeen: A sworn kiss

"I'm sitting eyes wide open, and I got one thing stuck in my mind
Wondering if I dodged a bullet or just lost the love of my life, oh"
- I Don't wanna live forever, Zayn, Taylor Swift

***

The day flew closer, almost seeming as blur to most of the students attending the party. The week was gone before you could even comprehend what the date was. The snow settled soundly into the ground and the time seemed to speed up days at a time until it was finally time to dress up like a blood supremacist and act as she was raised to act. A polite young woman.

The snow at Hogwarts was now fully against the ground, creating a thick layer of powdery water that created path ways of white. It had gotten so bad that the ground wasn't visible unless you moved some of the dense substance out of way for more clear vision. Even then, it was the cold temperature that reminded you constantly just how powerful winter was.

Then there was how the warmth in her bedroom set in and suddenly she felt goosebumps rise upon her perfect skin as she stared out of her window next to her bed. The gown she wore stopped just above her breast creating the allusion that she was far more mature than she actually was. The strapless factor made her shoulders appear slimmer without the extra broadness.

Valencia's colored lips seemed to part a bit when she felt her collarbone become weighed down from her jewelry, perhaps she was doing too much. Though, she seriously did not care as she was captivated by the woman's reflection in the mirror. It was the way her hair was fixed- wavy curls passing shoulder length structuring her face to her liking.

She never wore makeup as her mother always reprimanded her for it. She was raised to flaunt her beauty naturally or not at all. Today though, as her mother was nowhere to be seen, she could dress as she desired, and that was to apply as much makeup as she wished. Her cheeks were red from the blush, and her lips stained to match her dark green dress.

A knock sounded from the wooden door that guarded their bedroom. Valencia recognized it immediately and pivoted on her heel, suddenly more aware of what she was doing. She realized that she was attending a professional event, with some of the most intelligent pupils of her school, with one of the most well respected family's sons as his date.

"I've got it" Cassandra smiled happily and slid off her mattress making her way to the door so she could allow entrance. Her hand swiftly twisted the knob until the barricade opened to reveal Abraxas Malfoy.

He was far beyond beautiful- his soft blonde hair slid back into a perfect style. It was his normal charade, the only exception being his baby hair to be more tamed than usual. Then, her eyes traveled down his figure until she took in his formal appearance. Sure, he was always good looking in whatever attire he may present himself with. Yet, this was her favorite by far.

He had on a black suit that fit perfectly to his body, clinging to every muscle and practically becoming one with his clear skin. Then behind his blazer was his favorite tie, dark green and silky, the only material he would see fit. That is what she matched her dress to. Her emeralds flickered to his pants to see his belt stiffly twisted to ensure nothing was out of place. Then there were his shiny shoes surely just polished by one his friends, as she couldn't bring herself to see him to do it himself.

He pushed the door open a bit more, making the girl behind it stumble into the wall. She wanted to curse him out but she saw the way his expression changed when his irises landed on her figure. His aura was morphed into something foreign, his jaw set as he took in her appearance. She watched Abraxas Malfoy begin to fall for her roommate. It was beautiful.