Chapter two: Secrets

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
-Roald Dahl

***

Tom Riddle wasn't one to expect disrespect from anyone, or take it for that matter. Around him, everyone, doesn't matter their heritage or blood status, thought of him as their superior. For those who did deny his greatness to be godly, he projected his ruthlessness on them like hell fire released on the most graceful grounds of heaven.

For those who did dare to question him, soon realized after close examination, that he was not one to be taken lightly. If he wanted something, he got it, without much effort required. If he wanted to punish someone for not doing as they were told, he can do so, again, without question.

So, when Valencia Young's mouth murmured those words that have been running through his head for the past hour, it took him by storm. It wasn't anything he was threatened by, for she was nothing but a mere girl who would soon fall to the ground begging for mercy just like the rest. Yet, he did see something behind her voice, the poison she warned him to make her spill. She had a flame that would be endless, even if she was brought to her knees and made to beg for her life.

It wasn't ideal, to have another, especially as one as small and fragile as her, to make him feel so... equal to another. He despised it, he wanted it to be him above anyone. He wanted his name to be plastered across every newspaper, muggle and wizard. He wanted people to shiver in their skin when they heard other speaks of him. He wanted dominance over the horrid world he had been damned to grow up in.

"We got something" Abraxas said coming up next to him, his voice was low against the gentle breeze that flowed through the room. He handed the files to his lord, making sure that nothing slipped, and nobody saw them make the exchange.

"I expect you got what I asked for then" Riddle spoke harshly, he wasn't in the mood for mess ups, or slip ups. There was nothing but torture for those who made such simple mistakes.

"Yes" Malfoy replied quietly. As Tom opened the file gently, unfolding it with delicate fingers, his marine eyes searched the papers eagerly for new knowledge. Next to him, his follower had grown the tiniest bit curious to the subject of the matter.

Abraxas Malfoy was far from someone who bowed to another, even someone as powerful and terrorizing as Tom Riddle. He didn't appreciate orders being given, as he was the one who typically had the authority to give them.

The only difference with him and Riddle's work relationship, it relied solely on trust, and loyalty. Which as Tom didn't trust anyone, it was just the loyal aspect he made potent that he beheld. He followed him though, because he believed in the cause he was fighting for. He supported his hatred toward muggle-borns.

They had grown to socially acceptable for his liking, and he felt if someone did not do something about it, they would take over. They'd make the superiors bow to them as if they were peasants searching for scraps. Which he begged for nothing, not life, not forgiveness. You would never catch him on his knees, you'd never see him cry over something as vulnerable as feelings for another, or over his own emotions. It was important to be empty in the line of work he was in, so he truly had nothing to lose beside his fortune.

"Give me a summary" Riddle ordered, he snapped the file shut laying it softly onto the table next to his chair.

Abraxas cleared his head and stood tall. There was many interesting things that the file he had gotten held, it was of a woman, and her heritage, and her blood status. It held her backstory, whom she grew up with, and why she turned out to be the person she was. So, where could he possibly begin with such a fascinating story?