Chapter thirty-three: If she cares

"It's you
It's always you
If I'm ever gonna fall in love
I know it's gon' be you
It's you
It's always you
Met a lot of people
But nobody feels like you"
-It's you, Ali Gatie

Warning:
Mature scenes
Sexual scenes
Language

***

Valencia closed the door softly behind her, heading the noise it gave off every time she entered. She felt the excitement travel throughout her like a tidal wave, and she found herself growing more anxious for what was to come. She had a long day, and she couldn't wait to see him, to see the boy who had become a regular person in her dreams.

She twirled around, her loose strands of her hair framing her face, and even though she had been initially happy, her smile faltered into a frown. She saw the blood splatters across the walls and concern settled in her stomach, feeling uneasy at the notion that someone might've hurt him in her absence. She truly believed he could take care of himself, but there's was always that slim chance.

She ambled toward their bed, and saw the book laying flatly on the surface. Her eyes skimmed over the title, and she scrunched her nose remembering when she had read that book. A load of absolute nonsense if you asked her, but she supposed everyone had their guilty pleasures.

"Tom?" she cooed slinging herself around the corner toward the bathroom off the bed post, her hands slipped into the tight bun she had on and she undid it quickly. She had grown used to the slight pain it gave off, and the hair tie fell onto the floor barely noticeable.

Riddle opened his eyes in a moment of awareness, hearing her sweet honey voice that in actuality reminded him of the sweets many people fought over. It brought him back to reality, and he clenched his fists, feeling the pain radiate through the cuts and wounds on his knuckles. He didn't know how he was going to lie himself out of this one.

"Hey," she whispered coming into the bathroom, she looked down at his hands and frowned immediately. Her demeanor changed as she went toward him, grabbing the cloth he had been using previously and placing it down onto the counter. She saw the written disturbance on his features, as she took his hands in her own and began to tend to the wounds.

"How did this happen?" she queried wiping away the blood across his skin, his body felt numb under her touch, but he tried to push that down so he could give her a solid answer.

"Is there something going on between you and that Ollivander boy?" Tom questioned suddenly, he had abandoned his original plan and instead embraced this new one. She wanted communication then she would answer him honestly, and if he found out that there was something going on between the two- he'd kill him.

Valencia stared up at him, her frown becoming more potent as his sights flickered from her lips back to her eyes. "What?" she couldn't believe the words that were leaving his mouth, had they not just had a discussion about this the night prior? "Me and Gavin are strictly friends, always have been, and we will never be anything more."

His whole face changed at the tone of her voice and he shut his eyes into a tight clench in order to avoid the look of disappointment she was giving him in the moment. Nevertheless, she continued to swipe the cloth across his knuckles, and every time she did so, he'd become a bit weaker.