Chapter twenty-nine: heart broken

"Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all"
-A Great Big World, Say something

***

Valencia Young was not unknown when it came to balls, she had attended many as her mother's plus one, typically ending up talking to the son's of whomever they were visiting. She was quite fond of them, dancing in expensive clothing and exquisite dining. She loved to feeling of getting to dress up and feel good for a change.

Saying this, she had never attended a ball with anyone. She had been asked plenty of times, but never had she accepted their proposal. She never had the urge to. Boys to her were ignorant immature teenagers who only looked for the more sinful things in life- sex, wealth, and put on repeat like a record.

However, as she walked down those stairs, her long violet dress squeezing at her curves, her eyes settled on the boy she was dating. He had on a black suit, and despite his Slytherin heritage, he wore a purple tie to match her for once. She remembered wearing a green gown to the Slughorn party, and she guessed he was returning the favor.

He looked ravishing- absolutely beautiful to the eyes. She couldn't deny that she felt something toward him, and although it wasn't friendship, she was positive it wasn't as potent as it was a month or so ago. Before Albania, she would've ran in her heels into his arms and wrapped arms around his neck. Now though, she ambled down the stairs letting her eyes roam around the room.

Her gown stretched down to her knees before cutting off in the front and continuing down the back. Lace was intertwined on her spine, and the sheer fabric stopped when it reached the end of her back. The sleeves were elbow length, and the rest of the way was consumed with a white glove on each hand. Above her waist, the middle dipped into her cleavage, showing off the outline of her breast.

She also indeed looked ravishing.

Abraxas took her hand in his palm, his rings skimming across her knuckles as he brought her gloved skin to his lips, kissing tenderly until he reached the back of it. Twisting on his heel he pulled her closer, letting his hands slide up to her shoulders.

"My darling, I don't think I've ever seen someone so absolutely breathtaking," he mumbled putting his palm against her cheek and allowing her to lean into his touch. He couldn't seem to pry his eyes away from her as her plum lips coated his skin with a delicate kiss.

"You look handsome as well, Abraxas," she complimented taking his hand from her face and intertwining their fingers next to him. She let her gaze linger on him for only a moment before she dropped it to the other figure at the other side of the room, watching her intensely from his spot.

Tom wore all black, a black button up that had a couple buttons on the top undone, showing his muscular chest from beneath. Her eyes wandered down to his trousers, matching his top, only to be decorated with a silver belt. For someone who didn't have much money to his name, he did manage to look absolutely striking each time.

He gazed at her, irises of beautiful nature crawling up and down her skin almost unable to look away from her body. His black curls fell in front of his forehead as he downed the rest of his champagne, licking his bottom lip of any left over residue. His hands were shoved into his pockets, and a flash of disgust overwhelmed him as a pair of lips dipped into Valencia's nape.