Chapter eleven: Task Valencia

""Oh, my God, who is she?"
I get drunk on jealousy
But you'll come back each time you leave
'Cause, darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream"
-Blank Space, Taylor Swift

***

Tom fell quiet as her rampage continued, her voice was high and mighty against his confidence and there were fighting a very chaotic battle. The air was filled with discomfort and her lungs have it their all to scold and reprimand the boy for his tragic way of life. She brought up the worst things he had ever been through, and he still didn't mind. He didn't mind at all.

Until finally, he held up a hand to cease her babbling, "be quiet, Young, I have to think." He ran his other free hand through his jet black shadowed curls and tugged out of frustration as he thought about what to tell her. He surely couldn't take being spoken down to like a dog, but he also needed her on his side, so what was there to do?

Riddle always had a plan, even then, in this unexpected turn of events. He knew exactly what to say and how to say it, the charm he had acquired over the years would come into play. The only question remaining was if it would work on a witch of her standard.

"Never speak to me like that again" he said, his jaw was set and his eyes held a form of darkness that overshadowed any light in his iris, and instead replaced it with pure evil. She only saw the monster he was born to be, and that's all she was ever going to see, it seemed nearly if not impossible to change her opinion. "I don't take disrespect lightly Young, so don't get too cocky or else I might just cut that perfect tongue off of yours."

Valencia watched with weary eyes as he continued to circle her, not showing any hint of potential violence toward her, but for some reason she didn't doubt he would do anything less than what he had threatened. "Me cocky? Riddle that is all you are, an arrogant Slytherin who somehow thinks he has the entitlement to demand orders from others" she replied to him with a whip of her tongue, teasing the situation gently.

"I do have the entitlement to demand others, perhaps not to you, not yet, but everyone falls under me eventually Valencia, it is only a matter of time" he said honestly, he didn't seem to be joking or anything apart from serious, and the way he watched her like he was hungry for her obedience made her stomach twist with disgust.

"Oh?" she twisted a rogue piece of hair around her index finger and finally backed up against the wall so he could no longer pace around her, stalking her for some sort of weakness. "It seems to me Riddle that so far you have done nothing to make me want or have to bow to you, and I don't think you ever will successfully do so."

A click of his tongue and he resembled nothing more than a mere snake with a spiteful amount of venom that laced every single one of his words. He was hell and heaven itself in a form of a boy, to anyone's eye he looked normal, innocent even, but to Valencia... he was far from. To her, he was the darkness that crept through the forest, anyone with enough sense could see it.

"I already have you right where I want you dear, you're falling perfectly into place" he stopped in front of her, trailing his thumb across her jaw and stopped when it reached her lips, "and you and I both know I'll do anything to have you, it isn't a secret you are one of the most powerful witches here, and that's something I desire."

She stared at him, for the first time completely ignoring his attractive appearance and instead recognizing the endless hatred in his eyes. Sure, his blue pools of beauty were gorgeous, but those pools were empty, besides the attraction toward power, they were nothing. It almost made her feel... pity for the creature before her, but yet she did not. Not yet.