Chapter sixteen: Manipulative

"She told me that she loved me by the water fountain
She told me that she loved me and she didn't love him
And that was really lovely 'cause it was innocent
But now she's got a cup with something else in it"
-Alec Benjamin, Water Fountain

***

Diagon Alley was crowded on the weekend evenings, mornings, nights. The streets were flooded with students and professor's looking around for new supplies and dress clothing for the upcoming party. This included most of the people chosen to participate, the lucky ones given the special invitation for the Christmas Party Slughorn created.

This included Valencia, she was happily looking through dresses, less at the budget and more at the exterior and material. She was having a conflictive conversation in her mind as she traveled through the boutique looking for the right gown to wear as Abraxas Malfoy's date.

Cassandra had willingly offered her presence in order to help her make a decision on a dress. She was watching with contentment and deep concentration. She truly wanted to help her friend as much as possible, but she didn't know how to match fashion with royalty. She despised most pure bloods, other than her group, and she didn't find it interesting to search their clothing arrangement.

Valencia's fingertips traced each fabric, the argument still consuming her thoughts, until she finally stopped with a groan of pure frustration. "I have no idea what I'm going to wear Cass" she ran a stressed hand over he face, stretching her skin until she pivoted on her heel to face her companion.

"Well that's easy, you're gonna wear a dress, a green beautiful gown that will stun Malfoy in his spot when he first sees you" she twirled a piece of her hair around her finger as she began to look herself at the endless options. She believed honestly that Valencia looked the best in deep green, to compliment her gorgeous eye color, and she thought a tight fitting dress would be best so it would cling to her curves.

"Green? Why on Earth would I ever be caught dead wearing green?" she replied swiftly disgusted of the idea of the color being on her body. Even though most thought she as stunning in it, she did not, too much green in her opinion, but it did not matter, for she wanted to represent her own house.

"Abraxas kindly asked you to be his date, I see it's only fit if you coordinate colors with him, it is only the respectful thing to do. Besides, I think you look sexy in Slytherin's colors." She smirked devilishly in her direction before turning to face the selection of clothes, studying each gown individually.

"You act as if I owe him something for requesting my company, when truly we all know I could have him begging on his knees if I wanted" Valencia had no doubt in her mind that this was a potential in their relationship for she could have any man on their knees. Whether it be begging for her touch, or for her to spare them out of the tiny sliver of mercy left in her heart. She could do it.

"You could" Parkinson slid a hand behind one of the thick materials and showed it to her friend searching for her opinion in hope it might be an option, "but I think it's rather disrespectful to act that way, especially when he seems to treat you so nicely."

She waved off the dress for she did not find any of her own personality in it, making it useless for her. If she was going to dress up for a party she really didn't even wish to attend, then she would make sure she looked good while doing it. She wanted others to be jealous of how beautiful she was, she wanted people to see who she entered the room with and curse the skies for it.