Chapter thirty-six: stolen kiss

"I look up from the ground to see your sad and teary eyes
You look away from me and I see
There's something you're trying to hide
And I reach for your hand but it's cold, you pull away again
And I wonder what's on your mind"
-Be Alright, Dean Lewis

***

Valencia's eyes fluttered awake when she felt something wet across her nose bridge. She groaned a bit using her free hand as the other was under something heavy, to swat at whatever it was. Yet, she couldn't seem to shake it off. So, she finally allows her vision to focus on what had disturbed her sleep, and saw Tom Riddle.

He kissed along her skin, lingering, his lips were pulled into a tight smirk and he found himself hovering over her as her free hand was underneath his leg. He didn't stop when she opened her eyes but instead only moved down so he could trace her along her jaw line.

"Nooooo, stop, have you even brushed your teeth this morning?" Valencia whined trying to grab him away, she didn't exactly want him to stop, but she didn't want to seem like she has forgiven him yet. As part of his punishment, he wouldn't be able to kiss nor touch her for next month. That's what she came up with, and pathetic as it may sound, it would work, she was positive.

"I did, I got up early and went to the nearest bathroom," he kissed her neck, around and about, just trying to make up for the pain and suffering he had caused the day before. "Besides, you never cared if I brushed my teeth before when I went to kiss you, what's changed?"

She placed her hand on the back of his hand, tugging on his curls to have him pull away from her skin. He furrowed his eyebrows as his mouth detached away from her, and he saw the discomfort written on her face. "Tom did we not agree that it would take a while for me to forgive you?"

His smile that he had prior to her statement had flattened into a deep scowl. He understood what she meant before she even had a chance to explain further. Merlin, he couldn't resist her and she knew that, it almost annoyed him that she was teasing him this way. He couldn't bare it. "So what.. I'm not allowed to kiss you?"

Valencia shook her head raising up so she could get off the bed, her head spun with a serious migraine from her memories of the night before. She could barely get up without getting sick, her brain pounding with ache. With a sigh she turned to face him, greeted with a frown so vibrant it almost hurt her eyes. "Nope, you're not allowed to kiss me... touch me... for the next month."

Riddle's mouth fell open and he felt like throwing a tantrum right then and there, clenching his fists against the bedding. He bit down on his bottom lip to prevent himself from whining and crying, he really didn't like this. Although it was deserved, he didn't think she would ever prevent from him doing that. It was practically torture.

"No!" the word bursted out of his mouth as she moved from the bed and walked around toward the front of it, going to the mirror on the wall. He followed her every movement, scrambling toward the bottom of the mattress so he could look at her while she did it. "You-You, this is bloody mental, don't do this to me."

Valencia looked at him from her spot in front of the glass mirror, her eyes narrowing at how childish he was acting, she couldn't believe that he was this persistent in being able to kiss her. He had done well without it for months, could he not go one more? "Tom stop it, you didn't pursue anything with me for a long time and you were perfectly fine. Don't tell me that you can't go a month without kissing me."