《 Dusk 11

"You found yourself the cause of misfortune, an unbeknownst deed rewarded by grief... is it selfish?"

~*◇*~

Sunghoon

While they were on their rehearsal for the debut showcase, Sunghoon approached Heeseung while they were on break.

"Heeseung hyung..." he called making the older turn while drinking water simply humming.

"Can I ask something?"

"What is it?" Heeseung answered setting the bottle down.

"Yesterday... what were we doing again?" He asked and Heeseung looked at him with a look that sits between confused and questioning.

"We did rehearsals like today..." His hyung answered.

"No I mean like, did we practice routines that night?" he clarified.

"Yeah we did, we practiced all the songs until late and we get home after, why?" Heeseung asked and Sunghoon just shook his head.

He himself have no idea why he has these questions all of a sudden. Its like that feeling when you know things were a constant cycle but then suddenly feels this heavy feeling that its not in a split of seconds. It was a little confusing but he shrugged it off as they were called back to rehearse again.

When they took another break, the members were goofing or playing around as Sunghoon take the time to sit and relax. He was smiling looking at how fun the members looked. He took out his phone and filmed some of them, he barely realized what happened next...

"Sunghoon..."

"Sunghoon-ah..."

"Park Sunghoon!" By the call of his complete name, he snapped out. He was oddly on his feet as he looked at everyone.

"What?" He awkwardly asked.

"Did I spaced out again?" He added.

"No, that only happens when you just got out of bed from sleep." Jake corrected him and he shrugged.

"What's wrong?" He asked when everyone was silent. It was odd and unsettling for Sunghoon.

"You weren't a sport there Sunghoon." Heeseung started, rather calmly.

"I'm not sure I follow hyung." He asked, confused at what Heeseung said.

"Yeah that was no teamwork at all." Jay added in a scolding tone.

"What are you talking about Jay?" He turned to Jay.

"Ok calm down Jay hyung... Sunghoon hyung... let's not start raising our tempers please." Jungwon cut in.

"What are you guys even talking about? Why would anyone raise their temper?" Sunghoon is now really confused.

"Sunghoon-ah, please just tell us why you did that?" Jake asked making him turn to his friend in confusion.

"Did what?" Sunghoon asked, he's feeling a little exasperated now.

"Sunghoon, we're supposed to be a team. On stage, you can't just run off just because you made a mistake." Heeseung explained which even confused him more.

"Hyung what are you talking about? We didn't go on stage yet, we're still rehearsing." He countered.

"Sunghoon come on, just say your sorry for that. Our 1st live stage in a music show in front of a crowd... that was embarrassing, the company was disappointed." Jay went on leaving Sunghoon in shock.

"What?" Sunghoon could not believe his ears, did he heard it right or is he just disoriented or something.

"You acted unprofessional hyung and that affects the team." Jungwon said in a hushed tone as he looked away.

"Hyung, you have to see this." Sunoo went over to Heeseung to show something on his phone.

Sunghoon just felt frozen on the spot as the rest of his members gathered to see what Sunoo found on the net. He felt his hands clammy, sweat started rolling on the side of his forehead... he was nervous and a little scared.

When he saw how Heeseung sighed as if defeated, he just know that something was really wrong. Sunoo's hand holding the phone trembled a bit and he looked as if he's close to tears. Jungwon paced a bit went next to Heeseung who looked really troubled. Jake had his arm around their youngest as if comforting while Jay was fidgeting where he stood as if unsettled.

"We're screwed, we're in so much trouble." Sunghoom could hear Heeseung say.

"Is it possible that that's the only article about the incident?" Jungwon tried to be positive.

"No, there are more... this one's in japanese hyung." Ni-ki supplied showing his phone looking uncomfortable with the tension.

"They're saying we're a waste of money and time." Jake mumbled.

"I can't believe this, I thought you were confident Sunghoon?" Jay turned to him making everyone else does.

Despite the fact that Sunghoon is one of the taller members of the group, he felt small at that moment. His members eyes are blaming him for something he doesn't even know he did.

"Hyung, I swear I don't know what you guys are saying." Sunghoon turned to Heeseung who looked away when he tried to meet his eyes. He felt wronged and he felt like crying.

"Sunghoon hyung, can't you see what they're saying about us now?" Sunoo went over him and showed him his phone.

Sunghoon played the clip attached to the article. He saw his members performing, he saw himself danced and then made a mistake. He had unintentionally hit some stage props then ran off stage. It was impossible for hin to believe.

He saw the terrible comments, the backlash, it hurt him. He don't remember doing that...

"You see hyung..." he looked up hearing Ni-ki's voice. Sunoo was now standing next to everyone looking at him.

"Its all your fault..." Ni-ki added...

He then felt that sting again in his chest, constricting like he couldn't breathe. He was clutching onto it on the floor, his tears are now raising down his cheeks.

"You were only thinking of yourself..."

"What about us?"

"If you can't handle it, why did you become an idol."

"Go back doing solo..."

"...you're used to it anyway."

These words echoed in his head with his members voices, it was painful for him. He wanted everything to stop...

"How can you be selfish?"

"I wasn't!" He screamed as the voices stopped and the sting in his chest stopped.

"I'm not..." Sunghoon muttered as he opened his eyes and looked up. The maknae looked down on him coldly.

"You were..."

¤>~*◇*~<¤

NOTE:

Good Day! even though its rainy and cloudy here... Good Day my dear readers! I'm dropping this chapter becuz why not? I don't want to let it rot in my drafts 😅 Also, I wanna thank you all for reading Borderline, it now has over 2K reads! Thanks so much 🥰 and I hope you enjoy reading this chapter! 😊

Btw, has anyone have a link for a complete English Subbed episodes for TXT x ENHYPEN Playground??? Its so difficult to find and the one's at Bighit Labels have no subs yet... *sighs

Anyway, hope you liked the update! 😊