Dawn 》24

"Ambiguity of certain things often equates to the luxury of doubt."

~*♧*~

When they all decided to settle in a small clearing in between trees, it was already afternoon. They were all unsure how long they've been moving while taking breaks every now and then. Sunghoon and Ni-ki were still both unconscious as they lay them down on a makeshift bed of leaves they scoured on the way.

"How long will they stay asleep?" Sunoo broke the silence staring back and forth to their sleeping members.

"I don't know." Jungwon answered.

"I don't think any of us will know." Jay supplied.

Another silence dropped as Heeseung silently massaged his sprained ankle carefully, wincing silently on his own. Jungwon had noticed him though as their young leader approached and sat next to the older.

"Is it hurting bad hyung?" He asked making Heeseung look at the younger.

"No, not that much." Heeseung lied and at that moment, Jay got up and approach them.

"Let me take a look hyung, maybe I can do something about it?" Jay offered.

"Like what?" Jake joined the conversation.

"I have my ways on stuff like this remember?" Jay turned slightly to Jake before focusing again on Heeseung's ankle.

"When you're walking hyung, does it feel your feet couldn't hold you up? Like can you still try to twist it?" Jay asked and the older shook his head.

"I could walk..." was all Heeseung answered.

"It needs cold compress, I sprained playing soccer before." Jake commented.

"But we don't have ice nor do we even have water at all." Jungwon sighed.

"Does it ever occur to you that this whole place may not be real and maybe we're just dreaming the same dream?" Sunoo suddenly asked making everyone look at him.

"That absolutely doesn't make sense." Jay answered.

"Yeah like this whole thing ever makes sense hyung." Sunoo countered which Jay, left no reply.

"I don't ultimately reject Sunoo's idea but it may be along the same line." Jake said.

"How exactly?" Jay asked while carefully checking Heeseung's sprain.

"I'm not dead yet." Jake answered which earned multiple dissapproving noises coming from all his members, those that were conscious at least.

"Jake please don't say that." Heeseung said worriedly.

"Hyung please, I don't want to hear that from you or just any of us here." Sunoo said with hard conviction, its triggering him.

"That is worse than seeing you die before me." Jungwon looked away which made Jake sorry for even saying those things.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean I want to die... what I meant is its odd." Jake said.

"Odd, like how we all were just supposedly practicing in our practice room then appearing suddenly in the woods kind of odd? I think we all figured its odd hyung." Jungwon answered and Jake sighed.

"I meant the fact that a wounded person like me, almost bleeding to death lasted for almost 24 hours. In my knowledge I shouldn't be able to last that long considering the amount of blood I lost. Don't you understand? Its weird." Jake explained.

"Its weird that you didn't die?" Sunoo asked incredelously.

"I think I agree." Heeseung spoke making everyone turn as he hissed when Jay pressed none to lightly on his swollen ankle.