Dawn 》15

"Like walking on thin ice, slowly it breaks."

~*♧*~

Ni-ki

       He felt like waking up from a weird dream, it was unsettling... that memory of that night. He didn't want to recall...

       He slowly got up when his vision cleared and he looked at his surrounding. The sky was a shade of dull blue and he felt a little chill from the early morning breeze. He looked at the hearth close by charred with ashes. It was very silent...

        He turned and saw his hyung already awake but just silently sitting there in deep thought.

"Hyung? Did you get a good sleep?" He asked the older who seemed to have snapped and turn to him.

      Ni-ki saw the bags under his hyung's eyes which indicated lack of sleep.

"Hyung are you ok?" He asked worriedly and the older turned to look elsewhere.

"I'm fine... I just couldn't sleep." Sunghoon answered which baffled him.

"Hyung you shouldv'e at least taken a nap, you didn't have to stay up all night." Ni-ki said worriedly. He felt kinda guilty if he had worried the older that much.

"I'm fine Ni-ki... since you're up, we should get going and find the others." His Sunghoon hyung said getting up and walked.

       Ni-ki somehow felt like something was wrong, even so he followed his hyung and got up. He took ssome steps forward and felt a sudden ache in his chest like it did the last time.

"Ni-ki are you coming or not?" Sunghoon called which sounded a little cold but maybe Ni-ki was just thinking too much.

"Coming hyung." He replied and went with the older who didn't wait for him to reach him. Ni-ki couldn't help to notice that something was bugging his hyung so he asked.

"Hyung are you sure we should keep going now? Don't you want to get some rest?" He was really worried for his hyung, he wasn't acting this way last night.

"Are you tired already Ni-ki?" Sunghoon turned to him with a cold look which startled him.

       His hyung was acting really different, where was that sweet hyung who took care of him?

"N-no hyung, I'm just worried for you becau-"

"I told you I'm fine didn't I?" Sunghoon snapped.

       Ni-ki felt nervous and uneasy all of a sudden. This felt so familiar to him...

"B-but hyung..."

"Don't push it Ni-ki, I don't want to discuss this." Sunghoon told him and proceeded to walk ahead.

      Ni-ki was left perplexed, what has happened to his hyung? Nevertheless he still followed him but as he took afew steps, he felt it again... that dull ache in his chest, what was happening to him?

"Ni-ki come on!" Sunghoon called him and he forced himself to oblige. He didn't want to burden his hyung with another problem by telling him he felt that ache in his chest. His hyung have already done a lot for him.

       They walked for hours that morning while taking breaks sometime but they were so silent on the way. It was very awkward and it didn't help Ni-ki to gradually feel that ache in his chest. He contemplated whether to tell his hyung or not but he's also worried for the older. He haven't gotten any sleep yet.

"Hyung let's stay for awhile, I really think you need rest." Ni-ki told the older as they rested under a large tree.

       His hyung didn't respond so he take a look to see if his hying was sleeping but he was just spacing out. This worried him...

"Hyung?... is everything alright?" He went closer to the older who didn't spare him a glance.

"You lied." His hyung finally answered after a few moments. Ni-ki was confused at this then his hyung met his eyes.

"I believed you but you lied to me." Sunghoon continued which really baffled him. He never lied to him so why is his hyung saying this?

"Hyung I don't understand what-"

"You said Jake was dead and all that stuff you told me. Which part of it is even truth Ni-ki?" His hyung looked at him coldly, this came as a shock to Ni-ki.

"Hyung I don't-"

"You told me Jake died and he's gone... but he isn't! Is this some sort of game to you? I am serious Ni-ki... We're stuck here in this woods and you just picked a terrible time to play around." Sunghoon burst out which really baffled Ni-ki especially with all the things his hyung was saying.

"H-hyung why are you mad? I wasn't playing with you." He reasoned as his hyung ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Really? Telling me that Jake died is not fooling around?" His hyung pressed and he didn't understand what's happening, he told his hyung everything that happened.

"I thought you believed me hyung." He silently said.

"I know right? You made me believe he died and I was stupid to believe that!"

"Hyung I told you everything that happened. I saw Jake hyung in that car." He reasoned, he could feel his heart beat fast.

"Can't you really admit that you lied to me? I was devastated that entire afternoon, I cried and I had to worry about us getting out of here and I found out that you were just fooling around?" Sunghoon was really angry that he hit the tree unconsciously.

       The action really scared Ni-ki, he felt confused and wronged at the same time. He couldn't understand his hyung's point, he didn't lie.

"Hyung I'm not lying to you." His voice came small.

"Really? Then why did I saw Jake with Jay and Sunoo? He's alive and you had to make a fool out of me." Sunghoon said.

"W-what do you mean? Jay hyung and Sunoo hyung are here too? And they're with J-jake hyung?" He stuttered, how is that possible?

"B-but I really saw the explosion, the fire that engulfed the car with Jake hyung inside. How?" Ni-ki continued, his mind in chaos.

"It doesn't matter how I found out, what matters is he was alive and you lied to me and I believed it." Sunghoon coldly said before turning to leave.

"S-sunghoon hyung, I didn't... I didn't lie..."

¤>~*♧*~<¤