Dawn 》12

"Just a tip of an iceberg waiting to cause an avalanche."

~*♧*~

Sunghoon

"Jake hyung... died..." the moment the younger boy told him that, Sunghoon's grip loosened and his mind couldn't process the words.

"What?" Was all he could say as the younger looked at him with glassy eyes and he knew that Ni-ki was not kidding.

"J-jake hyung... h-he's gone hyung, I'm sorry." Ni-ki looked away starting to sob.

"No, why would he? That's impossible... how... how is he gone?" Sunghoon refused to believe, its beyond impossible.

Of all the things he's experienced, all the things he's heard so far. Jake gone is that one impossible event he could never believe. Jake can't be dead...

"Hyung we tried to save him. I found him and he was bleeding. Jungwon hyung tried to look for something in the car b-but... it exploded and Jake hyung was inside... we coudn't... we couldn't do anything." Ni-ki explained fast.

Hearing all that almost made Sunghoon's mind shut down. He could never bring himself to believe right away, he just couldn't.

"I don't beleive you." he unconsciously blurted coldly.

"Jake can't just die like that and why would he be wounded? Why would there be a car in this forest... this is a forest. I don't believe you." Sunghion shook his head in disbelief as he turned around from the maknae.

He didn't want to believe it but his heart was beating so loudly, his palms gone cold and sweaty. His eyes got blurry, he felt something warm ran down his face... he can't help but cry...

"Hyung... I'm sorry..." he felt the younger's arms wrapped around him. He could feel the maknae's head rested on his back whilst sobbing.

Sunghoon wanted to say something, maybe get mad or throw things... but there's nothing for him to throw and no reason for him to get mad... how could he?

When he thought of Ni-ki, their maknae witnessing something as gruesome as that at his young age, wouldn't it be worse for him? He heaved a deep breath wiping his tears off and held the maknae's arm as he turned to face him.

"I'm ok Ni-ki, you don't have to be sorry... it's not... it's not your fault." Sunghoon told the younger who only continued to sob.

"I'm sorry hyung... you and Jake hyung were..."

"Ni-ki its ok, I don't blame you." He assured the maknae despite feeling heartbroken.

"Y-you believe me hyung?" The younger looked up to him and he nodded and mustered an assuring smile.

"Its ok alright? I'm fine." He told him and the maknae nodded.

"Let's go find Jungwon then, shall we?" Sunghoon changed the topic, he didn't want to linger in despair and he doesn't want to show it to the younger. He'd hate himself if he worries anyone.

They went on and moved forward to look for Jungwon. Sunghoon tried to focus on finding their young leader but his thoughts about Jake never left him.

He was still devastated and wished nothing more but to break down right there and then but everytime he turned and see the maknae following him, he just couldn't. It would be his duty to get them to safety at this point.

"Hyung watch out!" He felt the younger tugged him backwards and he fianlly realized where he's going.

He didn't realize he was spacing out that much, he almost run into a sharp rock. He thanked the maknae for that as he urged for them to move forward. It is getting dim in the woods as he look up the sky tinged with orange. He didn't realize how long they were walking.

"Its almost night, we have to find a better place to stay in or-" he started to say but then heard a thud and when he turned, his eyes went wide.

"Ni-ki!" He immediately went tothe younger who suddenly collapsed.

"Ni-ki! Hey come on wake up! Ni-ki! God please wake up!" He kept shaking him and the maknae's eyes fluttered open drowsily.

"Ni-ki are you alright? What happened?" He frantically asked in panic.

"H-hyung..." the younger muttered as he slowly clutch on his chest.

"Are you hurt somewhere?" Sunghoon checked but there was no sign of any wound or even just a scratch but the younger looked like he was hurt.

"Ni-ki talk to me, tell me if- Ni-ki!" He screamed when the younger ultimately lost consciousness.

Sunghoon trembled for some reason he was really scared of what happened. He couldn't understand what just happened, he was panicking. He checked the younger's pulse, temperature and breathing with his trembling hands but the maknae seemed fine.

Nevertheless, Sunghoon was shaken at what just happened. He looked around, it was getting dark and he couldn't wake the younger anymore.

On the verge of mental chaos, he carried the younger on his back. His thoughts on Jake momentarily forgotten as he took off with the unconscious maknae on his back. They needed to find a safer place and he needed to figure out what happened to Ni-ki...

¤>~*♧*~<¤

NOTE:

Happy Birthday to the one and only ice prince (king if u like 😊) of ENHYPEN Park Sunghoon!!! 🎉🎊🎉🎂🍰

(The coincidence that I posted this on his birthday had me shook...)

Also advance Happy Birthday to uri maknae Nishimura Riki "Ni-ki" 🎉🎊🎉🎂🍰

WE L♡VE YU♡ B♡TH ♡UR December Babies...❄