Dawn 》17

"The tipping edge of uncertain thoughts beneath, waiting to spill."

~*♧*~

Jay

Jake told them what he thinks he saw, for some reason he was a bit unsure. Jay also didn't know what to think of the encounter his friend have.

If he was in that close proximity with the younger members, its impossible for them not to hear him or just even see his bleeding state.

But then... he eyed at the blooded jacket that was previously pressed on Jake's wound. It looked oddly the same as Ni-ki's jacket during their last practice. He was really confused at the story Jake told them but he simply accepted it anyway. He didn't want to stress him out as he was wounded.

"Hyung, its already dark... should we really stay here?" Sunoo asked and Jay looked around at the looming shadows of the trees around them.

He thought there was nowhere for them to go and its even more impossible to navigate in the dark especially with a wounded person.

"We'll have to settle like this for now. We can't go anywhere at this phase we're in." He said, heaving a sigh as he moved to get up.

"We should try to build a fire at least. You should stay here with Jake. Collect me some stones we could circle around the fire." Jay told Sunoo who simply nodded as he moved to gather wood.

"I should also do something..." Jake said.

"Hyung you musn't move too much." Sunoo told Jake.

"Jake I can't ask you to help me in your state. You need to res-"

"I want to help Jay."

"Jake you're hurt, you can't. I'm sorry but please, I don't want you overexert yourself." Jay reasoned and Jake didn't answer and looked away. He could tell right away that he was upset and there's nothing he could doif he want him to be safe.

He went on and looked for wood sparing a glance at the two members before collecting branches and twigs. Jay felt a little down if he were to be honest. He spent an entire day with quiet Sunoo he could hardly make laugh or smile. Now he upsets Jake who was wounded... but he was just worried for them.

He badly wanted to know what was going on both the members minds. He was the group's mood maker but somehow he couldn't change the atmosphere between them. It remained gloomy and he was the only one trying...

Jay heaved a sigh as he gathered enough wood and made his way back to the other two.

Sunoo

He could feel a little tension between his hyungs when they discussed about Jake doing something. He could see his hyung visibly upset by Jay's words. He knew Jay was just as worried as he was for Jake but his hyung obviously can't push himself.

"Jake hyung..." he called but Jake didn't look at him. He looked around him and picked a medium sized rock and called for the older again.

"Hyung, do you think this rock will do?" He called making the older look at him.

Despite the darkness, he could still see how pale his Jake hyung had looked. His eyes looked a little lost and sad?

"Yeah I guess..." the older replied quietly then looked away. Sunoo heaved a sigh and placed the rock on the ground. While doing so, gathering rocks in a pile, he heard his hyung muttered.

"I hate this..." he turned to the older upon hearing the words.

"About what hyung?" He asked as he started placing the rocks he gathered to a circle in the ground.

"Nothing..." Jake replied shaking his head.

"Hyung what's wrong?" He asked looking at the older who then turned to him.

"I'm useless..." his hyung looked down, it took him awhile to process what the older had said before he reacted.

"What makes you think that hyung?" He asked looking at his hyung but before Jake could reply, Jay had come back.

"I couldn't gather a lot..." Jay said and Sunoo was fine by it. After all, Jay also had a wound on his arm although not deep. It might probably still hurt.

"Its fine hyung..." he assured the older flashing him a smile. The older smiled back at him, placing the wood he gather in the circle Sunoo made.

Sunoo helped Jay try to build fire and they were both struggling. Sunoo winced when he splintered his finger.

"Sunoo are you ok?" Jay asked him worriedly and he nodded. A splinter can't kill him.

"You can rest, I'll handle the fire." Jay said and he shook his head.

"I'm fine hyung, I'll help." He insisted, it took them almost 30 minutes to finally light up a fire. Both their hands are a bit blistered but either way, felt relieved to have a bit of fire.

"Maybe tomorrow, we could try to look for the others if they're here." Jay started looking at both Sunoo and Jake. His Jake hyung didn't respond and he just nodded then he heard a deep sigh.

"Did something happen with you two?" This made Sunoo look at Jay, in his peripheral vision he also saw Jake look at Jay.

"What do you mean hyung?" He asked.

"I just... you know, if there's something bugging you. You can tell me..." Jay said.

"What is there to tell?" Jake asked sounding kinda wistful.

"Jake, I just..." Jay tried to say but Jake had already turned his back and closed his eyes.

"Jay hyung, its fine. Don't worry too much, let's just rest. I think we're all tired hyung." Sunoo told Jay and prepped himself close to Jake.

He closed his eyes before Jay could ask or pry more on the topic. He didn't want to worry the older by speaking his thoughts. He was also scared to know the older's reaction if he told him what was keeping his head in the cloud.

A few moments, he felt his hyung lay next to him but he didn't open his eyes and pretended to sleep.

"Good night then Sunoo... Jake..." he heard his hyung sigh. Sunoo remained silent even as his hyung continued speaking.

"I wish I could do more for you guys..."

¤>~*♧*~<¤