《 Dusk 5

"What was real and what isn't, something vague yet familiar."

~*◇*~

Jake

He slowly fluttered his eyes open from the sound of loud voices as he slowly take in his surroundings. His vision was spinning a little, the side of his stomach still throbbed as he moved his hand to touch it, he felt a soft material over it. There was a jacket over it, confused he simply pressed it on his wound to keep pressure.

As his mind slowly cleared, he could hear the voices clearly now and he looked up ad his vision cleared. He saw two familiar boys, one of which seemed angry and frustrated while the other one seemed scared and shaken.

"J-jungwon? Ni-ki?" he muttered the boys names. He looked at them confused, what's happening? Why is Jungwon seemingly angry towards the maknae Ni-ki?

"-Jake hyung was wounded, he was bleeding and weak..." While Jake's thoughts asked many questions, he heard his name mentioned.

"Jungwon-ah its ok, I'm-" Jake tried to get the younger's attention but was cut when Jungwon continued.

"...and you said you wanted to save him but you were doing absolutely nothing!" Jungwon yelled at Ni-ki which really surprised Jake.

Jungwon was the calmest and most collected among all of them and he's never seen the younger this angry. The two younger boys probably didn't notice he was awake too.

"Yah Jungwon-ah don't get mad at him, I'll be fine." He called out to assure them, he made sure to speak louder this time but then oddly, they seem to not have heard him still.

Jungwon continued scolding the younger and Jake wanted so bad to stop them and run in between them but his wound is stopping him from moving. Even so, he tried but only end up wincing.

"Guys stop it!" he shouted this time and he's sure they would've heard him but... they didn't... at that moment, Jake knew something was wrong especially with what Jungwon said next.

"-Jake hyung is gone, we could've done something." The very line Jungwon said that struck him the most. He's gone? What does that even mean?

Jake felt himself gone cold with the statement he just heard. It didn't help that the maknae was sorry for it like Ni-ki ever did something wrong to him, he didn't. Jake was beyond confused... how is he dead if he could feel himself?

"Guys! Come on I'm not dead! I'm here!" he called out to the younger boys but they were occupied by something else. He tried to see what they were looking but there's nothing there.

"Ni-ki run!" he immediately turned back to his friends who were now suddenly running away leaving him behind as he tried to get up and go after them... but his body and system is failing him.

"Guys! Ni-ki! Jungwon! Come back! I'm right here! I'm just here! Over here! Come back!" he desperately called to their retreating figures.

He forced himself to stand and go after them and as he did, he immediately fell down when he tried to run. He was too weak, his body was weak and it would be impossible for him to catch up to them... they were gone and he was left alone again barely holding on.

He could feel his wound throb more as he twitched in discomfort on the ground struggling to move. He was still pressing that jacket on his wound which is covered with his own blood. How long will he last at this point?

Jake turned to the direction the two younger boys went, he wanted so bad to follow them but couldn't. He wanted them to come back, he wanted them to wait for him. His vision blurred and everything seemed to be spinning as he closed his eyes from the nauseous feeling.

He suddenly heard a sob making him open his eyes and he was greeted with darkness. He was confused for a moment, is he dead?

He shifted his position that he realized he was lying on something soft and fluffy. Before he could wonder out loud his thoughts, he heard shuffling of blankets then he saw someone opening a door and leaving.

Jake realized he was in their dorm specifically in their shared bedroom, was that all a dream? He got up and realized he could move properly without the hindrance of an open wound. He felt relieved...

He got out of bed too and left their bedroom to drink some water to calm his thoughts. That was some terrible dream... he was on the verge of dying in an unknown location with some of his members. He stopped drinking and thought of the two youngest members in the dream. It felt so real...

He shook his head and left the kitchen to return to bed when he heard a light sob. He stopped infront of the bathroom, he was about to knock on the door when he heard a soft voice that sounded close to breaking.

"I wish things were different... not like this... I wish they would understand... but they'll never... I wish..." the voice went on and Jake felt a familiarity with the situation like déjà vu.

"I wish s-something... something will change." the sobbing went and Jake wanted to open the door and hug the member inside... but he didn't.

Jake heaved a sigh and slowly walked back to their shared bedroom, wondering if he'd made the right choice as he eyed the empty bed of that member despite the darkness in their shared bedroom. He wondered what he could possibly do for him but he may have also lost the chance to do something for him. He fell asleep with his thoughts bugging him of something he may have done.

¤>~*◇*~<¤

NOTE:
Hi everyone! I'm updating today to thank my dear readers cause this story has reached 500 reads today in just like 3 weeks (I think). Hope you enjoy the chapters 😊😊😊