Chapter 48

While we are on the road I gently rub my sore cheek. "what is it?" Severus asks. "oh nothing." I answer. "show it." he says and turns my face to him. "Luna! Your cheek looks all red!" he says, shocked. "It's nothing, I used to have it every day." I answer. "your mother did that ?!" he almost exclaims. "I said, nothing special .."

Severus realizes I don't want to talk about it anymore and turns back to the front. We walk back to our room in silence. "are you hungry?" I ask. "no, are you hungry?" he asks. "no, no more after what happened." I answer. "sorry for reacting so suddenly, I panicked and-" I stop his apologies. "no, not because of ... Just because of my mother and the meeting." I say. "don't take too much of it ..."

I sit on the bed. "do you have clothes to sleep with?" I ask. "no .." Severus replies. "Severus! It's super cold in here!" I say loudly. "then we have to huddle together." he answers. You dirty man! I smile and roll my eyes. "what are you doing?" I ask. Severus comes up to me and sits on the edge of the bed. "here." he says. He hands me an ice pack, I look at him not understanding. "hold it up to your cheek." he adds. "Sev, I already said 'it's not that bad'" Severus looks at me begging, but I refuse. I turn to the window and look outside. Severus takes the ice back from my hands.
I pull my head away very quickly when I feel an icy flood against my cheek. "Let me do it now." I realize that otherwise he will not leave me alone so I let him do it.

I grab my wand and start doing little tricks with it. Severus looks on with fascination. I let my patronus fly through space. Severus looks on proudly. "remember it started like this?" I ask. He nods his head. "I wasn't that friendly." he says, half laughing. "hmh." I mutter. "It was just because I knew you were special ..." he says, grasping my chin. I give and a gentle kiss.
Suddenly we hear someone clear his throat. We quickly let go and Severus removes the ice from my cheek. "if - if you want to - I mean may, come and eat." Draco says. He quickly leaves the room in shame. I quickly smile at Severus. "we go?" he asks. " do we have a choice?" I answer. "we can stay here too?" he says. "you can choose ..." I answer. "I'd rather stay here alone with you." he answers.

"I'll say we're not coming." I say and I get up. Severus quickly grabs my rug. "What about Lucius?" he asks. I look at the ground for a moment and sigh. "I'll come along." he says. We walk out of our room and into the dinner room. A large part of the guests are still there. "aaah, you still come?" says Lucius. "we just came to say we're not hungry." I answer kindly, because there are other people among them.
Narcissa comes behind the corner. "no, please, come and eat with us." she says. I look at Severus. "okay, just for a little while." I say. There is no longer a 2 person place available. "Luna, come and sit here." Lucius says gently.
Severus turns directly to him. "No, you sit here, past Bellatrix and Draco. You haven't been able to meet Bella yet." Severus says. I smile briefly and wink almost invisibly.

_____

Sorry for the short chapter
Xoxo
Please vote and comment